Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a B400 model Manitowic ice machine. The ice continues to build up and does not drop as it did before. Can I replace the ice thickness control?

• I have a B400 model Manitowic ice machine. The ice continues to build up and does not drop as it did before. Can I replace the ice thickness control?

Posted by guest on February 14, 2017 at 12:00 am

I have a Model B400 Manitowic Ice machine and the ice is building up thick over the sensor before it drops. Where do I get parts for this model?

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • john

February 14, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Hello,

The Manitowoc B400 is actually the ice bin you have, not the ice maker. 

See the parts list for the bin here: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-B-Series-Bins_pm.pdf 

It’s a distinct possibility we have the parts you need, but we’ll need to know what unit is on top of the bin to help you further. 

In this post, Manitowoc Ice Machine Troubleshooting | Parts Town, I mention that the water flow, not the ice, should be contacting the ice thickness probe to initiate harvest. The ice thickness probe shouldn’t be icing over at all.

So, your machine isn’t cycling into harvest mode. How far is the probe from the evaporator that it’s freezing over? 

• fixbear

February 15, 2017 at 3:31 pm

If it is building ice over the probe, check for a broken wire from the probe to the board.  But, we need to know the model to go farther.