Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives i have model hisu090 what does a blinking light on control board means the one to adjust tickness an harvas time i cant make ajustment

• i have model hisu090 what does a blinking light on control board means the one to adjust tickness an harvas time i cant make ajustment

Posted by guest on November 16, 2017 at 12:00 am

can u help me

fixbear replied 6 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • john

November 16, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Hello,

I also received your email to our support address, but it is more helpful to reply here in case others have a similar problem adjusting the ice bridge thickness on their own Ice-O-Matic HISU090 

First, here’s a manual for the HISU series, including the HISU090, 

http://www.iceomatic.com/uploadedFiles/Shared_Content/Product_Content/Downloads/Service_Manuals/HISU%20TECH%20MANUAL%201… 

I highly recommend downloading that for your records, you never know when links will change on the web.

Additionally, here’s a parts manual http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/ICE-HISU050_pm.pdf 

On page 9 of the document (10 of the PDF) there are instructions to adjust the ice bridge.

If one light is blinking, you have set adjustment to the minimum thickness for ice.

All 5 lights on steady means the maximum setting has been set. There are 10 settings in total.

Remember, do NOT attempt to adjust the ice bridge to make more ice, it won’t work. If you’re having problems with the ice machine, you probably need to descale and sanitize the machine. Please check page 12 (page 13 of PDF) for maintenance instructions. You should perform this maintenance regularly, and if you have not ever done it before, you may need to have multiple cleaning cycles.

Consider registering so you get replies fast to your e-mail address. It’s quick, free, and we don’t spam you. 

I hope this helps!

-John

• fixbear

November 17, 2017 at 10:31 am

This machine normally does not need adjustment if it is kept clean.  If you are getting a lot of mineral build-up you may want to extend the harvest time to carry out more of the minerals.  But changing the bridge is not normally recommended.  Before you change anything on this machine I highly recommend you get some nickel safe ice machine cleaner and do a extended cleaning.  Then run a few cycles to determine if you need to adjust.  If has to have sheets, not cubes to work right and come near the 90 pounds per day.  Ambient temperatures and machine being level is also a big factor.

• john

November 17, 2017 at 12:42 pm

I completely agree with cleaning. 

My concern is that if he’s already adjusted the bridge to the minimum, it’s no longer properly set. So now there’s some testing to be done.

• fixbear

November 17, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Also on these under-counter machines if the condenser is plugged or the fan not working to speed it will do the same thing.  They use time mode for ice and harvest.  Not my favorite method of control.  Let alone the cheap axial fan that they use.  They were built for the entry level.