Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives OGS 20.20 Oven Door

• OGS 20.20 Oven Door

Posted by guest on March 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I got a question for all of you combi oven savy techs.

I got an OGS 20.20 unit, been used heavily for about 5 years now and the chefs noticed this

It’s the glass with the metal trim around it and they seem to have seperated and this one part sticking out more than the other almost looks like its warped, its just sheet metal so you can push it back towards the glass but i am wondering what this is an indication of?

Any of you guys seen this before? I emailed Cleveland about it but haven’t received a response yet.

olivero replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

March 13, 2018 at 4:53 pm

The glass in our Rationals is affixed to the door panel with some high dollar silicone-like stuff that’s not listed in parts manuals.  I’ve had to use it to replace a few broken door glasses.

Your picture obviously shows that glass separating from the door panel.  I’d just be keeping an eye on it for further separation or if it starts leaking.

I’m no glass expert, but that glass is pretty special in order for it to withstand temps up to nearly 600°F.  If that separation gets worse and starts leaking, removing the glass and remounting it might be an iffy prospect – depending on whether you can release the rest of the glass without breaking it.

• olivero

March 13, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Sounds about right. Its not leaking right now, hopefully it won’t.

I checked out a new door, its about 2K….

Great.