Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Good morning UR48DT-X0005

• Good morning UR48DT-X0005

Posted by guest on February 23, 2017 at 12:00 am

Got to the place fridge temp 80, freezer -1, shut the unit out for 20 min ,

check low side pressure on the fridge 60-80 when unit off , turn unit back on , f

ridge low side got to 40 on low side and unit start cooling slowly. 

freezer low side is -6  and it is cooling fine.  

is that floating restriction in the fridge? 

if that so what the part number for the heat exchange and the dryer ?

fixbear replied 7 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 9:44 am

What make is this machine?

• john

February 23, 2017 at 11:16 am

Hello arikrom, 

I’m so glad you decided to sign up after we helped with the last issue with your Traulsen UR48DT.

fixbear, I believe this is the very same Traulsen unit we were troubleshooting back in this thread: need For model UR48DT condencer fan and motor part number 

Not a ton of parts offered for this model from Traulsen directly. I defer to your knowledge for other options.

• fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 11:47 am

As I recall, that unit has two separate cooling systems, compressors.  ON the right side compressor check for the fan running and that the compressor is running and not locked and tripping on overload. If they are not and the compressor is cold you have a control/electrical  problem. If it is warm or hot, you will need a  licensed refrigeration tech to test, charge or replace whatever is wrong. 

February 23, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Yes I am EPA licensed, the evap fan is running. the compressor was hot then the freezer compressor.

as i said the low side of the fridge compressor was at lowest at 38.9 psi which is pretty high and no frost sign on any pipe. but evap coil start to cool down slowly.

• fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 3:17 pm

You can forget the freezer side completely.  It is a separate system.  Treat it the same as any other small reach in, with the added draws, ducting,  and blower to move air internal. I can’t remember what type of metering system it has,  But if the condenser is cool coming out to the dryer, with the warm tail coil,  I suspect a low charge or something deeper.  Your going to have to put gauges on and see whats going on.. What refrigerant does it have?

• fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Oop’s,  Read that wrong. Thought you showed suction temp, not pressure.  You need to place a ammeter on it and see how much load is there. It may be overcharged or the compressor has lost a valve and is only pumping half.  Again feel or measure  the temps to see what is happening.

• arikrom

February 23, 2017 at 4:35 pm

The compressor drew 1.2A , how can you tell the one of the valve lost?

• arikrom

February 23, 2017 at 4:37 pm

R134

• fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Ok, that means there is very little load.  What make and model compressor is it and what metering type of system.  I suspect it to be a Cap tube.  We need to find the compressor specs so that we know full load current and can judge how much load is happening.  The valves are inside the compressor head inside the can. Means you will need to replace it if it is bad.  That is what we are trying to determine. I need temp’s to help you.

Compressor discharge,  hot? cold? or warm.

condenser discharge;  Hot, cold or warm

Tail coil temp evaporater.:  cool, warm or freezing

is there any temp difference on the dryer inlet, outlet

• fixbear

February 23, 2017 at 6:23 pm

This is part of what we are trying to do for you.  https://my.hobartcorp.com/resourcecenter/TraulsenServiceAndPartsManuals/TTB008%20TROUBLESHOOTING%20COMPRESSORS.pdf 

But I need to look up compressor to do this.

Page 1 of 2