Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What does my Perlick controller "HA" alarm mean

Tagged: 

• What does my Perlick controller "HA" alarm mean

Posted by guest on September 2, 2015 at 12:00 am
    The controller is showing an “HA” alarm  on my Perlick unit?
    it seems to be laughing at me…

-Bob

fixbear replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • ectofix

September 3, 2015 at 4:14 am

I googled that and happened across a Perlick installation & operation manual on a back bar cooler.  Its troubleshooting guide says the control flashes “HA” if the internal compartment temperature has exceeded the high temperature alarm preset value for over 30 minutes.

It goes on to offer some causes & their solutions:

Warm product was placed in cabinet recently. Wait 24 hours for product to chill, then recheck temperature. Make sure door is completely closed. Check door gasket seal. Replace if necessary. Check condenser and clean if necessary.  Make sure the louvered plate is unobstructed. If surrounding ambient temperature has changed dramatically recently, compartment temperature may be affected. Make sure interior light is off.

If none of these solve your problem, then something has failed and you will need to call a technician for service.

• techjoeb

September 3, 2015 at 8:17 am

Robert- when encountering this issue the first thing I would look at is see if there is frost on the rear of the unit. 75-80% of the time I see this on the tech support line someone has left the door open for an extended period of time changing the unit from a freezer/cooler to a dehumidifier. The moisture adheres to the evap coil not allowing cold air  to enter the box. This causes the compressor to continue running and build on the ice even further. Unplug the unit for 24-36 hrs and let it sit in a location will moisture will not damage the floor (if you have it on a delicate wooden floor). After the defrost period, plug the unit in for 2 hrs and monitor. The other issue I have seen cause this is your refrigerator being set excessively low. I recommend not setting your cooler below 35 degrees. After these adjustments if your unit does not make temp call Perlick tech support at 844-411-8050 with your model and serial. They should help you out.

June 18, 2018 at 12:18 pm

this happen to me yesterday because the door was not closed completely and was left that way for a few hours. Everything was still frozen but there was water on the ground. I turned it off then back on. It says HA ( blinking) yet is still holding freezer temp. This is a large commercial unit and I’m not sure I have a place to empty it to so that it can thaw 36 hours. Is this the only solution?

any input would be appreciated, thanks

• fixbear

June 18, 2018 at 3:04 pm

Could you please provide a model number.  If it is a freezer, they have defrost heaters to clear the evaporator of ice, but may need to run a longer cycle to complete.

• capants

June 12, 2019 at 11:58 am

Where do I find my serial number on my unit(HC24TB-3-2L2)? I am also experiencing a HA blinking code. Thanks.

• fixbear

June 12, 2019 at 12:54 pm

The HC24 is a residential machine,  so I’m not certain of where the tag is.  But look for a sticker on the back or inside the left side top.  f your getting a high alarm you may have a keg in the wrong place or to big for the cooler. Tends to keep the door gasket from fully sealing.   You also need to check the condenser in the back bottom for the muffin fan to be operating at speed and the condenser to be clean. .

A manual for it;  https://www.perlick.com/assets/Uploads/Products/OperationManuals/Res-Use-and-Care-Guide-US-CAN-Z2344-C.pdf

Because it is residential, I don’t have a parts list.

• fixbear

June 12, 2019 at 2:01 pm

So that I fully understand your cooler,  does it have a evaporator coil with fins and a fan or just a stamped cold plate on the back wall?