Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a Atosa MGF 8404 that does not work the fan evaporators… I have checkd the power supply, and is ok, the controll board and is ok, I checked the power to the fans and is ok, I replace both fans but still deoes not work. I have replace the control

• I have a Atosa MGF 8404 that does not work the fan evaporators… I have checkd the power supply, and is ok, the controll board and is ok, I checked the power to the fans and is ok, I replace both fans but still deoes not work. I have replace the control

Posted by guest on December 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

I have a Atosa MGF8404 that does not work the fan evaporators… I have checked the power supply, and is OK, the control board and is OK, I checked the power to the fans and is OK, I replaced both fans but still does not work. I have replaced the control board and the power supply too. BUT problem persist. Compressor run fine and fan condenser too but the evaporator not. I checked the control dixell controller too and it is working fine. There is anything that I am missing?

Please, give me a tip

fixbear replied 5 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • fixbear

December 13, 2018 at 10:24 am

You have a 6 ft countertop cooler with 3 evaporator fans.  Is that correct?  

If so the evaporator fans are directly wired to the supply terminals and should run continuiosly. when the unit is plugged in. Are you measuring the voltage at the motors? If all three are not running I would check the terminal block for the wire to the fans. Note they are direct wired to the block and not at all connected to the compressor side or thermostatic control.  

I have to ask you, is this a early one with “C” frame motors or one of the new ones with muffin fans?  They both have draw backs.  The “C” frames work long and hard, but wind up with bearing wear that will eventually cause rotor contact with the armature.  The Muffin fans just fail at will.  Sometimes from bearings, and sometimes from winding’s.

• ectofix

December 13, 2018 at 4:38 pm

His statement “I checked the power to the fans and is OK, I replaced both fans but still does not work” caught my eye just before I rushed out for work this morning.  

Power being “OK” to brand new motors, but they still won’t work, is illogical.

Me thinks that if the power was checked, casf32  would have used a voltmeter.  If he employed the voltmeter incorrectly…by using GROUND as a reference – then he probably DID get a reading and would think the motors were faulty. 

That’s a common mistake of an amateur.

I don’t know.  Just my thoughts.  Can’t say without being there looking over his shoulder or at the unit.

• fixbear

December 13, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Exactly my original thoughts,  But decided to be constructive and nice.  After all, it’s almost Christmas.

Heck, I thought you just wet your fingers and grabbed across the back of the motor to test it.

• ectofix

December 13, 2018 at 6:27 pm

My “NICE” meter has already pegged today…

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HomelyPoshEarthworm-small.gif

• fixbear

December 13, 2018 at 7:21 pm

The comment of

“I checked the power to the fans and is OK, I replaced both fans but still does not work“

Is not new to me.  I was working on a rare wine cooler with 2 zones and heat sink cooling.  The fan motors started binding.  So I took the motor numbers ad bought a dozen.  And 2 control boards.  Took the cooling unit out of the top cold wine side and replaced the 4 motors.  Not a easy project.   Put power back to the unit and not one motor ran.  Hell, I had 2 still operating at tear down.  Rip it all apart and test motors. They have continuity, but when I put power to them zillch.  Wondered why they were so cheap from china.  Same motor, same label, But they must have been culls. Try to contact the suppler for replacement. Again zillch.  Do not like Chinese ripoff copy’s or supply system.  Even though I’ve been there.   The compressor ones don’t last because of the cheap evaporators on the back wall. Aluminum stamping crimped together and leak shortly after purchase.  Or they use a tiny LG compressor that cost twice the cooler price to buy wholesale.  If you can get it. 

Guess I should design and make a built in one.

• ectofix

December 13, 2018 at 7:35 pm

fixbear wrote:

Wondered why they were so cheap from china.  Same motor, same label, But they must have been culls. Try to contact the suppler for replacement. Again zillch.  Do not like Chinese ripoff copy’s or supply system. 

And that’s where Atosa refrigerators are made. 

• fixbear

December 13, 2018 at 7:44 pm

I thought they were middle eastern, like Turkey.  Primary information on the company is in Farsi

• ectofix

December 13, 2018 at 7:52 pm

I only thought China because  saw this:

https://www.cateringinsight.com/chinese-brand-atosa-takes-aim-at-uk/ 

Publication date:  TOMORROW (14 Dec)???

Must be a far-Eastern publication.

• fixbear

December 13, 2018 at 8:34 pm

From there US home page;

A·to·sa

Atosa is a name commonly found in countries who speak Farsi, meaning beautiful body. And just like our name, Our Refrigeration, Gas equipment and Smallwares are a perfect blend of eye-pleasing aesthetics with functionality and style. It will make your kitchen stand out above the rest. Our mission at Atosa is to help you visualize, create and maintain a beautiful yet efficient commercial kitchen.

They were handled by contenetal brands.  But China has been spending a lot of money on brands and ports to take over the world market.

On a side, I found a 2 HP 3 ph motor from there that was wound wrong  Current draw L! was 7.4A, L2 5.1A, and L3  5.2 A  New machine in service 2 days. Worldwide motor.