Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Frymaster LOV auto top off issue

• Frymaster LOV auto top off issue

Posted by guest on June 3, 2015 at 12:00 am

I dipped out oil so that the oil level is below the the sensor. I never get any voltage to the shur flow pump motor and the return valve doesnt open. I do have voltage to the ATO board. What is my next step? Could it be something as simple as programmimng in the M3000 computer? Any help is appreciated.

ryanreid1 replied 8 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

June 3, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Ryan, did you get one of these?  >> http://fm-xweb.frymaster.com/service/udocs/Manuals/819-6506%20FEB%2010.pdf

Just wondering, because I didn’t.  A frymaster rep rolled through town some years ago and gave up what seemed an impromptu class on LOV fryers and SMT connectors, called me certified and went on his way.  With that, I DIDN’T get any sort of manual.

In my three subsequent years, I worked on exactly one LOV fryer and cursed the new SMT connectors on CM3.5 and M2000 controllers.  I personally don’t ever expect seeing another LOV fryer since I left the field in 2012.

Not much help here, but I’d question any of the SMT connectors first by wiggling-n-jiggling them around for maybe correcting  any faulty connections.  THEN…maybe a bad connection in the control wiring which runs that pump. Your problem seems to center around the ATO board output, which you’ve already checked power to.

Sorry, but that’s all I’ve got for you.  I really have no idea, so just throwing some possibilities out there.  I’m sure you’ll get it though.

• techtownmayor

June 3, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Ryan

The ATO has two transformers, one 12V and one 24V.

The 12V one drivers the ATO PCB, while the 24V one drivers the relay and Shurflo pump.

Check the output of the 24V unit first, then ensure the ATO RTD resistance is accurate, by measuring and checking against the chart and using a thermometer to measure the temperature of the oil.

If the temperature being measured by the ATO RTD is higher than the actual temp. the top-off will never happen. if the temp. measured is less than actual, over filling will happen.

• ryanreid1

June 3, 2015 at 10:02 pm

This is much more in depth than what I have. Exactly the info I need in here. I will also check the SMT connectors.

Thank you ectofix!!!

• mroadman

June 4, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Do a master reset . On a gas fryer it is behind door 1 under the #7 button on the bottom of the component box . On an electric fryer it is on the back of the component box behind door 3. The RTD’s are very difficult do check / unplug so you may want to do this first . It’s a small rocker switch that is spring loaded .Hold it for 10 seconds to reset .

• ryanreid1

June 4, 2015 at 5:27 pm

I didn’t even know there was a reset switch. Thank you mroadman!