Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Freezer keeps tripping circuit breaker

Tagged: 

• olivero

July 21, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The compressor has been replaced, and so far has been okay for 3 days with no shut downs.

Hopefully this is what it was and its fixed for good.

• ectofix

July 21, 2016 at 6:32 pm

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?

Oh…wait-a-minute.  You work in-house like I do.

NEVERrmind. 

• olivero

July 22, 2016 at 9:44 am

Haha, its a pain sometimes.

• fixbear

August 27, 2016 at 2:10 pm

What make and model of machine is this? And what make compressor?

• lndshrk

December 27, 2016 at 3:11 pm

olivero

I am curious how you came to conclude that the compressor was bad or needed replacing?  I have a 6151-xl s behaving the same way. I have replaced the start components and the rheostat control. Started out this was happening once in a month then down to once a week. Now it will only run a few cycles and they trips the breaker randomly. 

Any insight on how you determined this was the issue? 

As well is it still confirmed that this was the issue? 

Thanks a bunch for any insight. 

• olivero

December 27, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Hey Indshrk

We mega ohmed out the compressor windings and found them to be slightly damaged, since we had already chases it around for so long, I gifured it had to be the only other thing signiicant enough.

Make sure you check your defrost element and for loose connections, the plug on the cord and all those things.

Since replacing the compressor, unit has been humming happly without any further problems.

• fixbear

December 27, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Nice. Just had word that a Masterbilt two door freezer I told the customer that they needed to replace the Secor (Danfoss) compressor on soon back in September died as I told them it would. I opened a ticket on it as it was just days from end of warranty and they  sent a new compressor. With a bit of conjuring.  Another company installed it and it died again. Customer tells me they sent a second one , but not a Secor this time. As I said from the beginning, Secor SC-12’s are a real problem due to the lack of lubrication to the compressor. It is on the top of the can instead of the bottom. Unfortunately I didn’t get the old one to dissect and determine how they intended it to be lubricated. Anyone ever cut one apart? They  must have some form of pumping oil to the head.

FYO, I dropped the customer over this machine for lack of payment after 15 years of doing there work. I always tried to help service clubs when possible.  They didn’t want to pay for the start module. Not covered under warranty after 13 months. At least my open ticket protected the cost of the compressor.

• fixbear

December 11, 2019 at 2:56 pm

I know this is a old post, and the problem was solved,  but I was re-reading it and wanted to mention this.

I want to add to this if I may.  The breaker that is directly below the one that this box is on may also be contributing to this problem.  I have run into a high load breaker with aluminum wires for a AC unit that made enough heat to bother one above it. Only when the AC was running of course.  And yes, it did drive me nuts finding it,

• ectofix

December 11, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Anytime you want to add something, we’re here to listen.

Page 4 of 4