Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives In my IFS-40 WAT Imperial deep fryer the gas will not light what can I Do. Cannot find the manual

• In my IFS-40 WAT Imperial deep fryer the gas will not light what can I Do. Cannot find the manual

Posted by guest on March 8, 2017 at 12:00 am

Pilot light will stay lit. Its a very old unit not sure if the wires need replaced

john replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • techjoeb

March 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

If your fryer is not lighting I would tell you this first: Be sure you are familiar and able to mess with flammable gas if so, I would check the gas supply first. Sometimes it’s just the quick connect behind the unit. Other than that there are 3 things that control the gas, the thermostat, the gas valve itself and the high limit. If the pilot is working, most likely it is the thermostat or the hi limit. I would test all 3 of those components and ensure that your burners are clean. Here is the parts manual:  http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/IMP-IF-Series_pm.pdf  I hope this helps.

-Joe 

• fixbear

March 8, 2017 at 4:13 pm

I believe on the Imperial the pilot will stay lit with a over-temp trip.  Not like most fryers.   Make sure the heat switch is on and it is set to a cook temperature.   Being computer controlled,  You may have a board problem.  Test for gas valve power to the main,  and that the pilot sensing has voltage.  Not a fan of Imperial’s control system. 

• john

March 8, 2017 at 5:10 pm

It’s not incredibly enlightening, but here’s the owner’s manual for the Imperial IFS series as well: 

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/IMP-IFS_iom.pdf 

• ectofix

March 8, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Never heard of a fryer that didn’t extinguish the pilot in an over temp condition.

Here’s some diagrams:

Imperial Fryer Wiring Diagrams

• fixbear

March 9, 2017 at 4:52 am

That’s true on the standard, but on the electronic it is not.  Surprised the hell out of me too.