Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What would a Manitowoc indigo IY0304a-261 usually run at for all t1,t2,t3, and t4?

• What would a Manitowoc indigo IY0304a-261 usually run at for all t1,t2,t3, and t4?

Posted by guest on July 24, 2019 at 12:00 am

I have a Manitowoc indigo that will drop one load and then stop. Unfortunately so many others have attempted to work on this machine that I’m not sure what the problem is. I’ve re programmed and run diagnostics on the machine and it says everything is good now, but the temps seem to be running hot. What would a Manitowoc indigo IY0304a-261 usually run at for all t1,t2,t3, and t4?

olivero replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • olivero

July 24, 2019 at 5:08 pm

What? I don’t work on Mani’s units, I work on scotsman but it can’t be that different.

What’s T1, T2, T3 and T4? you think it’s on the refrigeration side?

What’s the evap plate look like? Is there loose members? When was it descaled? is there an error code?

What temps are running hot? refrigerant saturation temp or pipe temp or ambient temp?

Need more info.

• carryp

July 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm

There are no error codes, when I ran a diagnostic on it at first it said everything is good, and the temps were all around 73°-75°. When the machine is turned on the temps are no lower than 82° and the highest being 143° on T3 which is outgoing on the compressor. Now I’m not a tech or anything, I don’t even know anything about these machines, but I have the manual and my boss has had so many people looking at this machine and I’m tired of it. I probably know more about this machine than they do combined. 

Now, after a while of running it did finally give me an error code. It says the possible problems are install error, grid dirty, ice prb dirty, and ice probe adj. the one guy who works there told me he’s cleaned it with bleach. Idk what to do anymore

• olivero

July 24, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Okay.

So first of all. Never, EVER EVER EVER EVER clean anything in an ice machine with bleach. Ever.

Bleach doesn’t get rid of scale, descaler or delimer does, scale is the enemy of the machine ,it causes ice to stick to the evaporator so the ice won’t drop and it prevents the unit from reading water levels properly, cloggs orifices, etc.

Try following your cleaning cycle first. Who came to look at the machine? Techs? What did they say or do?

I’ve had machines that would drop ice and stop dropping ice, I would run the Scotsman descaler through it and then sanitizer like it says in the manual and the problem went away.

It’s essentially not dropping ice right? It could be a harvest issue, if it drops ice at all I doubt it’s a refrigeration/ice producing problem.

I’m sure we can resolve it.

• carryp

July 27, 2019 at 7:13 am

Thank you for validating me. This is what I’ve told my boss over and over. He still keeps having random streetwalkers who say they know about this stuff work on the machine. And also I nearly killed the dude for the bleach thing, so I appreciate the validation there. Now I’m gonna screenshot this answer and show it to him, maybe he will actually listen to me

• fixbear

July 27, 2019 at 2:47 pm

With a Indigo machine one can only use Manitowoc cleaner and sanitizer.  The ice thickness probe will give false sensing if anything was used that is conductive or makes water more conductive.  This is also true with a Scotsman that has the ice thickness sensor.  Now any deviation from a nuetral ph becomes conductive,  So start by cleaning it with Manitowoc cleaner and rinsing and drying the thickness sensor.  When you reinstall it check that it is 3/16 inch off the evaporator plate.  The water probes also have to be cleaned and make sure the housing is rinsed and dried so their can be no cross feedback as to level.

You never said what error code it displayed. Error code or a safety shutdown 2.  Not the same.

On the thermistors, there is no one temp they should display.  It is constantly changing with the condition of the machine. The water incoming.  The ambient air of the space,  and how many cycles it has gone through since start-up. It does us the temp delta of the top and bottom of the evaporator as a monitor.

• ectofix

July 27, 2019 at 8:18 pm

olivero wrote:

Okay.

So first of all. Never, EVER EVER EVER EVER clean anything in an ice machine with bleach. Ever.

I just want to point out something.

While it is ALWAYS best to use a manufacturer’s prescribed sanitizer (following a properly applied dose of their ice machine cleaner to rid of scale) – BLEACH is NOT forbidden component for use in an alternate sanitizing solution.

There is much literature out there which actually prescribes sodium hypochlorite (bleach) for sanitizing an ice machine –   even by some manufacturers of ice machines.  It simply needs to be done by following special instructions.  Here’s the ones I abide by:

DON’T allow your sanitizing solution to get mixed with the ice machine cleaner (which is used for deliming).  A harmful gas might be the result. DON’T use any chlorine bleach which contains any fragrant additives.  Also don’t use bleach that’s extra-strength.  Use household bleach. DON’T use hot water.  Lukewarm is fine, but hot water will cause the bleach to gas off. Mix your sanitizing solution using no more than one ounce of bleach per three gallons of potable water. After performing the sanitizing steps delineated by the manufacturer for that equipment, let everything AIR DRY. Following the sanitizing step and air drying, run the machine through a freeze cycle to capture that first batch of ice and dispose of it.

FWIW: I’ll do that ANY day when I don’t have the manufacturer’s stuff before I’ll use some aftermarket product.  Especially the stuff made by Nu-Calgon.  <<<THAT stuff foams like crazy and makes a mess.

• fixbear

July 28, 2019 at 7:07 am

I personally agree with what you expressed,  but how many kitchen staff have you seen measure a oz of bleach.  And everyone tends to over pour except with spirits.  I like the wall metering / mixing systems. 

• olivero

July 28, 2019 at 8:35 am

Okay, makes sense. 

So here’s what I would do, 

follow the cleaning in your manual with the correct chemicals in the correct quantities in the correct procedure.

Then see what happens. 

• olivero

July 28, 2019 at 8:41 am

I wouldn’t use bleach for cleaning something I can’t 100% get rid of afterwards, why not just use 1 of the 100 no rinse sanitizers that are out there? You still rinse it but you don’t have to worry about any flavor transferring to the ice, and even if it did, it wouldn’t be bleach.

I’m against bleach personally.

• carryp

July 28, 2019 at 8:41 am

Y’all are so super helpful. Thank you all so much. I’ll keep updating with any info I get and I really hope I can get this thing working. I’m off to find some Manitowoc sanitizer now, and figure out how exactly to take this stuff apart. Sadly I can’t get over there until Wednesday, but fingers crossed I get this right. If I do I might wanna take up learning how to do all this stuff cause it seems like fixing these machines is a money making business and I should definitely be getting paid more to do this stuff. Again thank you 

Page 1 of 2