Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Turbo Air TSR-49SD not cooling

• Turbo Air TSR-49SD not cooling

Posted by guest on December 30, 2016 at 12:00 am

The Capillary tube that runs into the Dryer is cover in frost after the fridge is on for 20 minutes. When fridge is first turn on you can feel the walls inside the fridge start cooling down and after about 5 to 10 minutes it just stops and the temp start going up and the line is cover in frost. So is the line blocked or is the Dryer. The Dryer has no frost on it.

john replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

December 30, 2016 at 2:43 pm

the line isn’t blocked as refrigerant is at low pressure in the cap and boiling. Send us a picture of the cap and dryer. You may have a blockage in the beginning of the cap as it is inside the dryer a inch or more. Vacate, score the cap at the braze joint with a file (knife or triangular mill cut) all the way around so it will crack clean and braze into a new dryer. The loss of a few inches will not effect capacity. Make sure to purge with nitrogen before brazing, as this area is sensitive to any internal oxidation being after the dryer. I also recommend weighing the out coming charge to verify charge.

• fixbear

December 30, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I really wish that you join so you get these comments back. You have asked the question multiple times with minor changes. If you join you will have a two way conversation and know when someone provides a answer.

• ectofix

December 30, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Ah…I see.  THAT’S why there are multiple threads on the same topic – all started by the same person.  He hasn’t joined so that he can respond and have a dialog within his own thread.

Not really following typically accepted forum decorum, Steven Rippy.  Posting multiple threads on the same problem tends to aggravate other users whose questions get bumped down the list and also clutters up the general flow of topics.

We’re to help you with your problem, Steven – but please become familiar with the forum guidelines to the right of the home screen.  They’re there for a reason.

• john

January 3, 2017 at 9:06 am

Steven,

As fixbear and ectofix said, it would be nice of you to join if you are looking to continue the conversation with us about your equipment issue. 

I will delete all duplicate threads from this point forward. We are more than happy to assist you, but please sign up if you wish to continue troubleshooting.

-John