Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Bun is showing horizontal lines that match chain. Pressure adjustments set ok.  Is there an adjustment/check for the thickness?

• Bun is showing horizontal lines that match chain. Pressure adjustments set ok.  Is there an adjustment/check for the thickness?

Posted by guest on May 19, 2015 at 12:00 am

The toasted bun shows horizontal lines on the top that match the chain pitch.  The bun thickness knobs are set correctly.  Is there a check or adjustment to make to adjust the pressure on the bun? 

ares replied 8 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

May 20, 2015 at 4:31 am

I’m guessing you’re talking about a bun toaster.  Furthermore, I’m guessing it’s a Vertical Contact Toaster.  If so, the model number begins with VCT.  An example of a VCT toaster can be seen here>> http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/ROU-VCT-1000_spm.pdf

AJ Antunes makes many models like this, but they all are designed very similarly.

You say the conveyor chains (they’re actually called conveyor belts) are leaving impressions in the buns?  The buns should not be making contact with the conveyor belts.

Do you have the conveyor belt wraps installed over the conveyor belts?  The conveyor belt wraps are very rubbery and tacky and are installed around around the conveyors.  Their tackiness is what “holds” the buns in place as they travel down the teflon-sheet covered heating platen in the middle.  They’re easily removed for cleaning and replacement.

The manual posted above alludes to that belt wrap being OPTIONAL, but they’re a standard item on most of those VCT toasters.  I recommend using them.

I hope this helps.

• dwendt

May 21, 2015 at 8:05 am

If they belt wraps are not being used which in cases is normal then the markings from the conveyor chain belt is normal.  I assume you are using a VCT-1000?

See belt wrap instructions: Silicone Belt Wrap Installation Instructions (P/N 7000416 & 7000709)

Also there is clip belt version: Clip Belt Installation Instructions (P/N 7000964)

• ares

May 28, 2015 at 9:02 am

difficult to answer without knowing specific model number, some of my clients run their vertical contact toasters with silicone belts and some do not, the ones that dont leave horizontal chain impressions on outside of bun, thus the reason for the silicone belts, some have teflon glide sheets which cover the heating platen, some dont, some use butter, some dont, the ones with teflon glide sheet do not tyoically use melted butter. All of them have some sort of thickness setting to accomodate differences between buns, and to accomodate top from bottom bun. An example would be the Antunes/Round-Up VCT line, which can be run without silicone belts but with a teflon glide sheet over platen, the inside edge of bun makes contact with the teflon glide sheet, which must be installed “dark side” facing bun surface, “silver side” facing platen or heater, if you dont like chain impressions on buns you can add the silicone belts but you must change the belt tensioner to the “roller” style so you dont tear or rip the silicone belts. Very simple to do, but you will have to change the tensioners. Hope this helps.