Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Looking for a door closer for a kolpak Model 17722-S Walk in fridge

• Looking for a door closer for a kolpak Model 17722-S Walk in fridge

Posted by guest on August 1, 2018 at 12:00 am

Also need a door gasket.  

fixbear replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

August 1, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Walk in cooler use a wide variety of door, hinges, closers and latches.  If you register for the site and give me a picture of your closer, I can provide a Kason number of it.  Almost all refrigeration hardware is made by Kason.  Depending on how severe the usage is and how heavy/big the door is will determine the closer.  If you have a top mount roller closer, They are most common today on the light doors with magnetic gaskets.  All Kason hinges and latches are marked with a number.  Not true of the closers. 

The top closer have several models and look like this.  They are actually called a hydraulic snubber.

I should add, walk in cooler are all custom designed for site.  They are stock knock together panels for your dimensions. with a door panel of your selection.  Then the size of the refrigeration is determined and added.  Your number is probably a Kolpack build number, not a model number as they are built as individual units.  Often there is a door panel number that will correspond with door parts.

• fixbear

August 1, 2018 at 6:13 pm

As for the door gasket, one would need the outside dimensions of the door, the gasket type and dimensions, and the type of mounting.  Finding a correct gasket for any walk in is difficult  Your best bet is a gasket maker like RHS.  There are many mounting methods and designs,  as well as magnet width or sponge rubber. They have no standard gaskets for Kolpak listed, so custom built will be the best… Just read and follow there measuring methods to get the right gasket.

file:///H:/Frank’s/Work/CATALOGS/RHS_Catalog_2002/RHS_Catalog_2002/0001a/PDF_Files/install_gasket.pdf

seems I placed a link to my personal storage. This is the RHS catalog.  go to page 244 for gasket measuring.

http://www.rhsparts.com/storefrontContent/attach/epubs/RHS-2017-Catalog/#?page=242