Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Ice Cube trays

• Ice Cube trays

Posted by guest on September 9, 2018 at 12:00 am

I purchased the wrong Ice machine…

I purchased the BG0206A, which produces the large gourmet ice cubes. Is their a different tray that will allow me to produce “normal” size cubes?

fixbear replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

September 9, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Nope, sorry.  The cube size is controlled by witch evaporator is installed in the machine.  And the cost of chaging it would come to more than 50% of new machine cost.  Let alone it would destroy any warranty you have.  Contact the seller and see if you can trade it in. 

Besides, you did not purchase a BG.  Manitowoc only made BY, BD, and BR machines in the 200 pound  B cubers  BY are a 1/4 dice. BD are 1/2 dice and the BR is a square cube as well as the biggest.  If you had opened it up, read the manual, and sanitized it yhou would have seen how the evaporator plate is made.  A smaller dice plate would have the vertical bars silver brazed on in a different width.

• fixbear

September 10, 2018 at 8:27 am

I just realized that with a used icemaker, you may not have the manuals to know how to clean and sanitize it.  That design was introduced in the mid nineties prior to the Indigo machines. They were one of the best machines for ice in there time.  Provided you fed it good water like all ice machines.  Water filtration has come a long way in the last 20 years.  I highly recommend that you find a good ice machine tech to show you how to maintain your machine.  You will need them in the future and now is the time to develop a relationship with them.

Here is the parts and operator manual for the “B” line 200 lb machines.

https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-B0200_pm.pdf

https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-B-Series_iom.pdf

Good luck.