Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives help !!

• help !!

Posted by guest on December 29, 2016 at 12:00 am

I am having trouble relighting the pilot. I turned off the gas and cleaned equipment and now the pilot wont stay on. I don’t have the manual and cant find it online. I think its a 9l940 models #

fixbear replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

December 29, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Ok, first off we need to know what type of a machine is this. I’m guessing a fryer, but I’ll be as generic as possible.  Most gas appliances will have a regulator safety valve that you need to either push a safety button to bypass to light or rotate the gas valve to pilot position and press-down to bypass for lighting  It may have a piezo lighter or require a outside flame for lighting the pilot. If it is a push button, hold a matchstick flame near the pilot. till it lights. Normally fryers have a therompile instead if a millivolt generator and require you to hold the pilot for a longer period of time. Like 30 seconds or so. After the pilot lights with the button type you can let go. With the gas valve that you turn you can now rotate the valve to run/normal/on. If the pilot will not light the Gas valve must still be off or the supply to the appliance isn’t on.