Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives CF75 no gas flow

• CF75 no gas flow

Posted by guest on May 15, 2015 at 12:00 am

I have a CF75 quick connect on a fryer that quit allowing gas to flow through it.  I am wondering if there is a piece missing that depresses the plunger when the hose is connected to the valve. I have replaced the valve with a standard ball valve for now and unit is working fine.

fixbear replied 7 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

May 19, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Hey a_roach, I took one of those apart at work today because of your post.  I had to see for myself.  Looking at Dormont’s website, they call that device their “Safety Quik Quick-Disconnect Valve”, as you probably knew.

Sure enough, it did NOT have that plastic insert (serving as a thermal shutoff) such as those we’re used to finding in the nipple of a basic quick-disconnect.

I’m guessing the thermal shutoff is incorporated into the valve body somehow.  Dormont’s website and literature isn’t very helpful in that regard.

I’d recommend going back with a basic quick-disconnect (Dormont calls that their “SnapFast).  That’s what we’re doing.  They’re simpler, cheaper and easier to get apart.  I had to use tools to persuade that Safety Quik valve apart.  They don’t take grease buildup very well since the grease tends to begin resembling glue.

• miltonsappliance

January 29, 2017 at 10:49 am

these quick connects are known to fail get rid of it an replace with one that doesn’t have the shut off built in to it when chilis got there henny penny fryers they were installed using these tampa Orlando ft myers to Gainesville we have had to replace almost all of them

• fixbear

January 30, 2017 at 5:25 pm

The nipple pushes a collar back against two plastic pins (melting safety) to open the female half. pin’s break inside. This is a very old post, but Ectofix has it right.