Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Supera F3R-1 evaporator fans not running at all.

• fixbear

June 23, 2017 at 3:35 pm

There is only one leak detector I trust.  I have bought many over the years and always come back to a H-10.  Originally by GE and 110 volts, now other brands sell it.  I think now they are Mars.   H-10G is battery powered. They will detect .2 oz per year leak.  But inside a cold compartment one has to watch out for fumes from mold setting it off. Unless they have a air pump and pull air over the  reactor sensor, they are not reliable. As for cost, H-10 G are about 400. My first H-10 cost me 500 in the early nineties.

As for your bill, we have no idea as to what refrigerant is in your case. They vary in price a lot and if your have a old R-12 unit that he topped off with a lb, it alone would be a high amount.  He does have to cover his time door to door.

• fixbear

June 23, 2017 at 8:08 pm

congratulations to you , albumen. You stuck with it threw my endless questions and accually found the real problem without replacing a hundred parts you didn’t need.  Good Job

• briapayton

October 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Hi…sually all  404a freezers only have a delay when turning on, the ones at other locations shut off as soon as the timer kicks out. Don’t know about time delay though, unit’s pretty basic, don’t remember seeing anything fancy. Its basically a compressor hooked up to a pressure control and defrost timer, no electronics what so ever. Heck, even the thermostat is bypassed. 

pcb assembly online

• fixbear

October 21, 2019 at 2:56 pm

With a Dixell freezer control the timer and coil thermodisc are gone. Defrost is controlled by the Dixell as well as fan on delay, compressor, and defrost temination to allow the evaporator to chill before moving air.

Page 5 of 5