Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Flame current transducer

  • Flame current transducer

     fixbear updated 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 5 Posts
  • guest

    December 20, 2018 at 12:00 am

    Where can I get a flame current transducer?

  • olivero

    December 20, 2018 at 11:43 am

    What are you trying to do? Measure flame MA?

  • fixbear - ADK NY

    December 20, 2018 at 1:33 pm

    You don’t need a transducer if you have a quality Multimeter that will read micro-amps today.  BTW olivero,  it’s ua, not MA with flame sensing.


    This is a great primer;

  • bmeup6078

    December 20, 2018 at 2:31 pm

    I have a quality multimeter. I thought I was replying to the discussion about Robertshaw ignition modules on the Blodgett DFG 100 post

  • ectofix - Nashville

    December 20, 2018 at 4:50 pm

    So you’re probably looking for this:

    Blodgett 22310 TRANSDUCER, SIGNAL DFG/ZEPH. 


    That transducer is designed to be used with old JohnsonControls ignition modules because their flame current output was too low of a value for most digital multimeters to read using the μA setting.   Therefore you’d set your meter for DC volts, plug this device into your meter and connect the wires in series with the oven’s flame circuit.  The resulting DC volts reading would then simply be re-read as micro-amps instead.


    Again, this transducer was a tool specifically made for certain, specific old JohnsonControls modules.  They also made a “flame simulator” as an accompanying tool. 

    Blodgett 18364 SIMULATOR, FLAME 


    I once had BOTH of those in my tool collection, but since I didn’t anticipate ever using them again, I tossed them.


    I’d be surprised if you still find those old blue JohnsonControl modules since they’ve been replaced by a Fenwal module for many years now.

Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018