Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives QD0132A Manitowoc ice machine makes ice then it stops pumping water ice melts , what could cause this ?

• QD0132A Manitowoc ice machine makes ice then it stops pumping water ice melts , what could cause this ?

Posted by guest on November 9, 2018 at 12:00 am

It will make ice but after a lil while it stops pumping water and ice melts. If I turn it off and back on every morning and every afternoon before I leave I keep ice but lose it all over the weekend.

fixbear replied 5 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • fixbear

November 10, 2018 at 8:50 am

First question,  When was it properly cleaned?  Most ice machine problems come from lack of or insufficient cleaning.  Here is a copy of the operation manual to check;

https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-Q-Under-Counter-Series_iom.pdf

Is the machine level?  If not the ice deflector may not be returning at the end of cycle. telling the machine that the bin is full even when empty.

Are the ice sheets normal with about a 1/8  bridge?  If not the thickness sensor needs cleaning. This can also cause a lock out.

Safety lock outs occur from

60 min. freeze cycle. f the harvest time reaches 3.5 minutes, the control board automatically returns the ice machine to the freeze cycle. 3 cycles outside the time limit = Safety Limit (must be MANUALLY reset).

You can determine which caused the lockout by looking at the control board before shutting off and restarting. harvest LED. It will be blinking.  Watch it as you move the power switch to off, and back on.  It will blink either 1 or 2 times.  I is long freeze time.  2 is long harvest time. 

Oh yea, what is the ambient temp around the machine.  They will not work well if cold.