Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives can i get parts and how much $ to change a bco-e electric convection oven from 3-phase 240 volt to 3-phase 208 volt

• can i get parts and how much $ to change a bco-e electric convection oven from 3-phase 240 volt to 3-phase 208 volt

Posted by guest on May 11, 2018 at 12:00 am

this is for an elementary school in the denver co area also need someone to install

fixbear replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

May 11, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Normally schools have a food service company that is familiar with there operation and do repairs.  Short of that contact Bakers Pride for a service agency in your area.

• ectofix

May 12, 2018 at 8:35 am

The only difference between a 208v and 240v, 3-phase oven is the elements.  An oven with 240v elements in it will work fine on 208v – with exception to a 13% reduction in heat producing capability.  That’s normally NOT an issue – except for slightly diminishing the oven’s ability to recover when the oven is heavily loaded.

If you still insist on putting 208v elements in that oven, here’s the element you’d order for it:

Bakers Pride 21809603 ELEMENT | Parts Town 

For installing the oven (and to install that element), here’s directory of CFESA-certified companies in your area:

Directory – Commercial Food Equipment Service Association: Colorado 

• fixbear

May 12, 2018 at 11:51 am

He will also need the contactor. Coil voltage may not come in correctly if his 208 is on the low side. PSC here allows the power company to go down to 198 Volts during  heavy grid load.

• ectofix

May 12, 2018 at 2:18 pm

Maybe.

The parts manual for that oven is kooked up.  It shows part numbers for contactors rated to each voltage, but the part number for a 240v contactor doesn’t cross to a contactor at all.  It crosses to a natural gas control assembly:

Bakers Pride M1249X CONTROL ASSY, NAT GAS (BMVR)65 | Parts Town 

• fixbear

May 13, 2018 at 5:24 am

Notice that Ptown also list the part as being for 4 different electric ovens.  Wonder how that conducts and controls electricity.

I was surprised that they don’t have a low voltage transformer.  most times they have to be changed or reconfigured.  I also have never come across 240V 3 phase.  230 is a delta system 3 phase.  And 208, 440, and 580 are common.  I’m thinking it must be single phase to be 240 Volt.  Think I would want to look at the terminal block.