Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Blodgett convection oven heats up to temperature and maintains it for about two hours and then it shuts off

• Blodgett convection oven heats up to temperature and maintains it for about two hours and then it shuts off

Posted by guest on November 24, 2016 at 12:00 am

Trying to find a solution to why the Blodgett convection oven is heating up to temperature and hold for about two hours before shutting down and then will reset after opening oven door and closing it again to reset it.

guest replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 31 Replies
  • 31 Replies
  • ectofix

November 24, 2016 at 12:44 pm

W-E-L-L…

Is it a Hobart…OR – is it a Blodgett?  You said both.  That’s impossible.

Is it gas or is it electric heat?

What’s the model number?

What major parts have you changed?

Need more information…

• coby1

November 24, 2016 at 12:50 pm

It is a Blodgett Oven, Model # is DFG-200, We have changed temp controller, spark igniter, flame sensor, temp probe, and rheostat.

• badbozo2315

November 24, 2016 at 2:07 pm

>before shutting down and then will reset 

What “shuts down”? The heat stops? The fan isn’t turning? Have you insured the fan motor air intake is clear? What style ignition module does it have. open or “blue box” If blue box, remove it and examine for heat damage. How old is unit? Does it change behaviour when run in low speed (assuming 2 speed here)?

• coby1

November 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm

The heat stops, no I have not insured the fan motor air intake is clear yet. The ignition module style used to be the blue box, now it is the open style. yes it is a two speed motor,however ; that has no effect on it. I will be working on it in the morning to check the things that you have suggested and I will let you know what I find. I am coming in on this behind two other techs who were the ones that had changed these parts out and I am going to look at it further in the morning.

• ectofix

November 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm

There’s that Bozo again!  Go eat some turkey!

• coby1

November 24, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I don’t take it as your busting my chops, I think that you are trying to help me and I appreciate it. I will definitely follow your advise tomorrow morning once I get back to work.

• badbozo2315

November 24, 2016 at 3:37 pm

> There’s that Bozo again!  Go eat some turkey!

Really don’t care for the bird. Now baby back ribs- now yer talkin.

No kids, no family down heah in the south, we’re just chillin until tomorrow.  Heading to Palm Beach Raceway Friday for some drag racing spectating (is that a word?) on Saturday night.

• ectofix

November 24, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Well your wife’s got her ocean and beach now…and you can “spectate” outdoors on a balmy, November Palm Beach evening.

Sounds like fun.  Loads more than what I’ll be doin’.

• ectofix

November 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I didn’t know you hadn’t personally looked at it.

Here’s some info to wrap your head around.  Be aware that the primary difference between a DFG100 and DFG200 is the size (depth) of the cooking compartment:

Blodgett Oven » DFG-100 Training 

For this oven you’re working on, I advise that you don’t get too much into the service manual just yet, as it can be quite daunting due to all the variations in control components.  If you think you need to use it, then your better off printing it than attempting to peruse it on the computer.

• ectofix

November 24, 2016 at 5:32 pm

OH…and the ignition module you (I mean THEY) replaced was an old Johnson Controls module that Blodgett no longer uses.  The one in there now is a Fenwal.

Page 1 of 4