Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Scotsman CU1526MA Keeps going into mode 1 at night….help?

• Scotsman CU1526MA Keeps going into mode 1 at night….help?

Posted by guest on December 1, 2017 at 12:00 am

Our ice maker works during the day, but when I get to the shop in the morning it is in mode 1 and didn’t make ice at night. I reset it works for awhile and then nothing.

fixbear replied 6 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

December 1, 2017 at 11:02 am

I assume you meant it’s showing code 1.  Per the chart below, code 1 is Maximum Freeze Time Shutdown.

Although the machine’s typical freeze cycle is MUCH faster than the maximum limit of 84 minutes – when that limit is exceeded, the controller will attempt another freeze cycle.

If the next cycle’s freeze time is less than maximum, the control will continue normal ice making. If the next freeze cycle was too long, the control will again attempt another freeze cycle. If the freeze cycle is too long three consecutive cycles, the controller will shut the unit off and it must be manually reset.

As I will ALWAYS advise when ice machine problems such as this arise, I recommend that you clean the machine before calling for service.  Mineral deposits build up over time and can create all sorts of problems in the ice production and harvest cycles.  I dare say that 75% of all ice machine problems can be attributed to lack of proper and regular cleaning.

You should clean the machine at least every six months by following the procedure that begins on page 14 of this manual:

Installation and User’s Manual for Self Contained Cubers Models CU1526, CU2026 and CU3030

Also note the other steps you should take before calling for service.

From a service technician’s standpoint, here’s a basic list of things that would guide me in my troubleshooting efforts.  Of course, if I was there looking at it, there may be other factors contributing to your problem that I might see:

• fixbear

December 1, 2017 at 3:02 pm

This model of Scotsman needs regular cleaning.    A dirty condenser or air filter will create a high temp compressor condition that limits it’s cooling capacity.  Other problems common to this machine is it is loosing water to the ice bin from the curtains not properly in place or dirty spray nozzles and evaporator.  Can easily be seen from the front.  The ice thickness control is a bridge over the evaporator that is conductive.  If the machine see’s to much conductivity before the tail coil temperature is cold enough it will lock out.  Normally from a dirty spray bar and minerals on the sensor.  Be sure on cleaning that you fully rinse and dry the sensor.

If you need further on this, register as a user and give me the age of the machine,  location, in the building  and any previous service it has had.