Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums sam sung refrigeraor RF263beaeasr evaporator ice up cant find why that happened

• ectofix

June 5, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Probably a bad defrost termination control, a bad defrost heater, a bad board…or a serious leak around the door gasket.

BUT…

We don’t address questions on household appliances here at this forum.  We only do COMMERCIAL stuff here, like what restaurants use.  There’s a little blurp about that on the TechTOWN home page…over there to the right >>>>

that you were supposed to read before posting a question.

• fixbear

June 5, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I have a 26 cuft french door bottom freezer Samsung myself. Every once in a while someone put’s something in the freezer that prevents the draw from fully closing and wah la-  Freeze up. It will not come out on it’s own, you have to take the shelves out and remove the back inside panel.  Then get out the heat gun.  Hate that.

• ectofix

June 5, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Just bought a place with that type of a fridge.  Not a dimension in it works for me.  Neither the freezer or the cooler.  Never had one like that and definitely not a fan of that style of fridge at all.  But…it’s newer, was already there…and mine.

I had an early ’90s Kenmore side-by-side in storage just two weeks ago.  Last thing to get outta there.  It was a beast.   I warned the guy taking it from me that “It’s friggin’ HEAVY!”

He went to heave it back on the appliance dolly and said “WHOAH!”

Yep, like I said.

I much preferred it and sure wished I’d kept it instead of this new one, but the idea my having to move it again (by myself) convinced me otherwise.

The young father and husband got it from me for free.  I hope it serves his family of four as well as it did me and my family for twenty-plus years.

That old saying is true – “they don’t make them like they used to”.

June 8, 2017 at 10:46 am

Check the drain on the evaporator condensate pan. If its plugged and not draining the water in the pan will freeze to the evap coil, this will continue until the whole coils is froze up regardless of fans or heaters.