Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Any Option for rational combi oven descaling tablets?

• Any Option for rational combi oven descaling tablets?

Posted by guest on September 29, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hi all. Does anyone have an alternative option of Rational combi oven descale tablets? has anyone used other tablets apart from rational’s descaling tablets?

Appreciate your feedback or suggestion.

olivero replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

September 29, 2019 at 5:26 am

Rational’s Care Control feature is unique only to them.  It’s their design.  Nobody else makes tablets for that purpose EXCEPT them.

Why do you ask?  Is it over concerns of their effectiveness or the price of the tablets?

September 29, 2019 at 5:38 am

Yes price

Do you recon any other similar tablets

Sent from my iPhone

• fixbear

September 29, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Being as the pills cost less than 80 cents,  I’m not sure why you think they are expensive.  Food grade acids like citric and phosphoric are very expensive to buy let alone to pelletize.   It is a lot safer form than a liquid and much easier to use.  And if you think it would be better to skip them,  ask any tech what it cost to clean a steamer boiler that was loaded up like a Dishwasher booster. 

• olivero

September 30, 2019 at 11:54 am

I’m going to agree with Fixbear and Ectofix.

Use the original, correct tablets. They were designed for use with this unit and if anything ever goes wrong, you can say “I used the right tablet”

I guarantee 10000% that if you called Rational and said, hey I’m having a problem with the sprayer, or the heat exchanger or heat element is cracked. They would ask, what chemical are you using to clean it?

You say anything other than their original, specified product, it’s your fault and any warranty you might have had would be void.

I’ve had many fights with manufactuers on these things and the slightest deviation can mean the end of free help.