Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Working on another Hobart AM 14T  The temps on the rinse get to 200, the board control the electric booster heater built into the DW. Is there any way I can calibrate the urcuit board, I replaced the booster temp probe already.

• ectofix

October 13, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Here’s the parts manual:

https://my.hobartcorp.com/resourcecenter/ProductDocumentation/F19480%20Rev%20A_lk.pdf 

Item #27 on page 6 and 7 is the temp control board for the booster for CURRENT CONSTRUCTION machines as of 2004.

Here’s a picture of that booster’s temp control board.  Part number 00-475458-00001:

Perhaps the potentiometer there on the board is a way to calibrate it.  I’m not a Hobart tech, but I’d explore that.

Credit to PartsTOWN for the photo.

• fixbear

October 13, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Just wondering,  Did you check the ohm values vs. temp for the probe before you condemned it as being bad?  Was the probe clean? 

Control systems relays sometime do stick. That’s why we have limit switches.  Sounds like your near the limit.

• ectofix

October 13, 2017 at 8:28 pm

fixbear, aren’t Hobart temp probes 100kΩ thermistors?

I’ve never seen it in writing, but I came to that conclusion through my own tests.

• fixbear

October 13, 2017 at 9:14 pm

I believe them to be type “K” terminators,  but may be wrong.

• fixbear

October 13, 2017 at 9:22 pm

The interesting part about this board is that it is also used by Vulcan Hart and cost 200 less.