Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums i have a turbochef hhb 2 and the display does not light up

• fixbear

April 19, 2017 at 3:24 pm

First off, this is a highly technical oven.. I assume you have pressed the power button and pushed the reset on the back right lower rear.   To troubleshoot it requires a good DVOM and a bit of knowledge.  The most common item with this oven is the cord connector to the panel,  but also the control transformer power and control fuses.  All trouble shooting requires some disassembly,  so it might be better to call a Tech if you are not one.

Register for the forum if you want to be walked through the procedure for troubleshooting and finding your problem.  That way you will get timely replies to questions directly to a e-mail.

April 19, 2017 at 4:56 pm

I have turned off power and also pushed reset button, have also the oven apart.  there are no spark marks or hot spots that I could see. when the oven is turned on a blue light comes on for several seconds then turns off there are also two other lights, as I stand on the side of the machine the one towards the front of the door is green and one towards the back is red, not sure if this means something.  also all the buttons on the oven still work, so we’ve remembered the order in which push them and the products is cook as always.

I also try to become a member, but when I put in the code it would not let me continue.  I tried several times but gave up.

thank you in advance for your help

Michael

• fixbear

April 19, 2017 at 6:09 pm

So everything is ok except the VFD display?  That has 2 cables connecting it to the board. One is the two wire power,  the other is a ribbon cable with 25  or 26 pins. Schematics, test values and locations are here;  http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/TBC-HHB2_spm.pdf 

• olivero

April 20, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Oh. I love this oven. Especially when I shorted my meter probes on the DC contactor for the heat relay………….. $350.00 right there to replace the main brain -.-

Sounds like you might have a loose connection of some sort.