Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives What is the gas pressure for a LP unit?

• What is the gas pressure for a LP unit?

Posted by guest on April 23, 2015 at 12:00 am

Having an issue with the flame on an APW unit.

What is the gas pressure suppose to be for an LP unit?

ectofix replied 8 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • mroadman

April 23, 2015 at 6:03 pm

usually LP runs at 10″ with the burners on .

• wmontg5988

April 29, 2015 at 9:40 am

Always check the data plate or call manufacturer. In lieu of that, turn the regulator down, ccw, until flames settle on burners Or turn up, ccw, until the flame jumps off the burner then back off until settled. The flame should never be jumping away from burner and air shutter should be open nearly 3/4 or more. See url How to adjust gas pressure, adjust gas regulator tutorial DIY Windy City Restaurant Equipment Parts – YouTube

• ectofix

April 30, 2015 at 5:57 pm

wmontg5988…and everyone:

Videos on YouTube oriented towards DIY fixes on equipment is a controversial subject.  MY point of view is – I don’t advise it, nor do I share it.

A knowledgeable technician adjusting gas pressure (or CHANGING a regulator) is MUCH different from some restaurant manager who’s never done that before and simply following instructions from a YouTube video to save the expense of a service call.

A technician will be observant of all other relevant factors in that simple procedure and would hopefully see and correct other issues affecting equipment operation.

A first-time DIYer may get back there and simply crank it up for MORE HEAT, but totally neglect the fact that the flue on that griddle is completely clogged and that little bit of added boost in fuel pressure will allow flame rollout through the front of the unit to ignite the grease-formed stalactites dangling under the front ledge over the burner valves.

I’m not a fan of DIY videos, but do what YOU feel is right here on this forum.