Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a S570 ice maker,with the heat and humidity is there a way to increase ice production?

• I have a S570 ice maker,with the heat and humidity is there a way to increase ice production?

Posted by guest on July 7, 2017 at 12:00 am

Can the ice production be increased on a S570 ice maker.

john replied 6 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

July 7, 2017 at 10:51 am

The model number you provided is just for an ICE BIN.  Please provide the model number of the ice machine sitting on top of that bin for gaining better help in your predicament.

Incidentally, what type of environment is the machine installed in?  Indoors?  Is it Air-conditioned in there?  Is the machine OUTDOORS?

• john

July 7, 2017 at 10:55 am

Hi Bill,

The S570 is actually just the bin for your icemaker; it’s a big cooler. The icemaker model # is on the unit above the bin. If you let me know which model you have, I should be able to give you more detailed instructions. 

It’s very likely you have an air-cooled machine which performs with less efficiency in heat than water-cooled counterparts (which are more expensive, use more resources, and may not be allowed by your local codes). Air temp is the most common cause of lower ice production, but you should check out the evaporator and condenser for dust, as well as any water and air filters you may have. Those problems won’t be as apparent in cooler weather because the ice machine doesn’t need to rely on its cooling system as much. Not to say you should neglect inspection during cooler months.

The placement of your ice machine is important as well. While it’s unlikely you can move it away from any hot equipment it might be near, check the clearance on your airflow to the unit. If it can’t get air, it can’t cool down, and your ice production will suffer.

The incoming water may be warmer than usual which can lower production, but there’s really not much you can do there.

Finally, check your unit for scale. If you haven’t descaled it in a while, it’s time to descale and sanitize. Scale reduces the efficiency of your unit, so that’s only going to be worse in the high temperatures.

Check out this blog post I wrote on cleaning an ice machine. These are general instructions, and you should have better detailed ones in your owner’s manual, which I’d be happy to help you find if you can provide a model number

https://www.partstown.com/about-us/how-to-clean-your-ice-machine 

I hope this helps!

-John