Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Is there step by step instructions on HOW to use a steamer?  Ours is only 1.5 years old and is not heating or staying ready unless the timer is on.  My staff is currently keeping the timer on all the time…even when opening the door.  What is proper

• Is there step by step instructions on HOW to use a steamer?  Ours is only 1.5 years old and is not heating or staying ready unless the timer is on.  My staff is currently keeping the timer on all the time…even when opening the door.  What is proper

Posted by guest on May 13, 2019 at 12:00 am

Is there step by step instructions on HOW to use a steamer? Ours is only 1.5 years old and is not heating or staying ready unless the timer is on. My staff is currently keeping the timer on all the time…even when opening the door. What is proper procedure for keeping my steamer to ready to go?

303tech replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

May 13, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Your question is as open-ended as asking what size tires you need for your vehicle…with not so much as a HINT as to what you’re driving.  A compact car?  Full size car?  A pickup?  An EIGHTEEN-wheeler??? 

Even with that, a make and model would be the MINIMUM info needed to narrow it down.

There are dozens upon dozens of STEAMER manufacturers who, combined, manufacture hundreds upon hundreds of models of ‘em of various styles.  Countertop steamers.  Convection steamers.  Boiler-based steamers. Portion steamers like fast food joints use.  Some folks even call their combi-ovens STEAMERS.

In order to answer your immediate question – if you would please provide a make and model of your steamer.  Then I’m sure we can narrow that info down in order to provide you an operator’s manual.  Additionally, with that information, we can determine whether it’s a type that always remains READY for immediate steam …or one which requires a heat-up period whenever it’s been idle for a while.

• 303tech

May 27, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Turn to on wait till heated then ready light comes on. If ready light is not coming on the cabinet is either not building pressure or pressure switch is stuck check door gasket and latch. Also make sure their is a vent tee on the drain line so steam goes up the hood while warming up. Set timer to cook or constant steam for constant steam. It can stay on all day idle and heated. It does need a water filter and deliming on a regular basis.