Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I bought a used univex 7512 slicer the blade is rubbing in the back and when I tighten everything down the blade wont spin, am I missing a washer or something? where can I see a diagram?

• fixbear

April 13, 2017 at 7:08 pm

Slicers are a breed of there own. The problem with the 7512 is that it can be 4 different designs and you have no way of knowing if the parts have been mixed and matched.  Very common on these.  Also aftermarket parts, especially blades and bearings.  That said, neither you or I have any idea what you really have.  A date of  manufacturer would help to get you back to original and the right parts diagram.

The problem you described is common.  The blade guard is held to height by the hollow core center that the blade shaft rotates around.  The shaft/blade is high due to either a snap ring failure,  loose shaft retaining nut,  Miss-installed bearings,  or wrong/miss-installed  blade.  I have also seen The blade guard hub worn from operating loose over many years, but not common.

If you can not find a date of manufacture, you best bet is to find a slicer repair shop.  They will know what one you have and if it was put together right.

• olivero

April 14, 2017 at 8:32 am

I work on Globe slicers, they are pretty straight forward if you can figure out how to take them apart. IF you are not a service tech of any kind, I wouldn’t mess with it, they can be dangerous machines and if put together wrong can be dangerous for the next user.