Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Manitowoc ice machine problem ?

• Manitowoc ice machine problem ?

Posted by guest on May 27, 2015 at 12:00 am

I have a problem with Manitowoc ice machine model s 454a suuccion pressure of 50 psi is maintained so the machine takes me about 50 minutes to make a batch of ice .

expancion change the valve but the problem persists

has this happened to anyone?

ryanreid1 replied 8 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • randy

May 27, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Check the hot gas valve for the harvest cycle. Sounds like it may be leaking through into the suction.

• la

May 27, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Hey.!

Whats the head PSI.? Have you cleaned the condenser coil.? And, are you saying that you HAVE changed the TXV or need too.? And if you did. did you weigh in the charge.? Whats freeze cycle psi at start.? Whats your suction psi through harvest.?

• bayoubonz

May 28, 2015 at 12:05 pm

I need to know ambient temperature of where the unit is located?. Is it air or water cooled?  . What refrigerant ? Sounds like a stuck hot gas solenoid or head master control may be leaking by. If air cooled is the condenser fan running? How high is the head pressure? Also check the dump valve. Could be letting the water be pumped out and constant fresh water is coming the machine. Water inlet valve maybe leaking also. The unit cannot freeze constant fresh water entering the machine.

• ryanreid1

June 3, 2015 at 10:21 pm

50psi though the entire freeze cycle?  We’re definitely gonna need more info.

• bayoubonz

June 4, 2015 at 3:19 am

the only thing I can think of if it’s not water related.  Check expansion valve bulb location and make sure it is well insulated. it must be between 2-4 o-clock position. Only suggestion I have left is to check the head pressure verses the  suction pressure and check for a weak valve in the compressor.