Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Does anyone have any repair experience with Knight’s KHT-14b hight temp dishwasher? 

• ectofix

June 1, 2018 at 7:29 pm

I’ve never heard of them myself.  They’re owned by IDEX Corporation, their factory is in Mexico…very near El Paso TX, their equipment is sold in the U.S and abroad – and they seem to have a very good warranty

That’s all I found through a quick search and read on the internet.

• ectofix

June 1, 2018 at 8:20 pm
  • gregs

June 2, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Yup I have all that.  I was wondering about service issues or problems anyone has encountered.  We have a number of Knight low temps that we are renting out and they perform well. We are concidering renting out the high temps because of market demand.  Thanks for the reply ectofix.

• itisljc

June 6, 2018 at 2:32 am

Knight’s KHT-14b is a very nice machine. I have been putting them into high volume locations with great success. I only use Knight Equipment unless I assume other equipment from customers. The new KHT-14B lowers water consumption for your customers and decrease the  amount of chemicals they have to pay for.

If your rinse agent has a de-liming agent in it , run it through the built in booster and forget de-liming the machine.

Increase your monthly lease rate  lower your operating cost and ask your customer for a satisfaction letter. Knight will always be there to back you up and will not let you fail. The machine is simple to work on but rarely necessary.

Your return on investment will be worth it.

I do not work for Knight but they do work for me.

• fixbear

June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am

Like with all water consuming equipment, Water quality is key.  Especially with high temp.  Boosters do accumulate minerals if water quality is bad.  If your leasing it out, you may want to invest in a a test kit.

• itisljc

June 6, 2018 at 1:33 pm

I agree about the calcium and the water quality kit.

I use a rinse agent brand that has a de-liming agent in the blend. The product is dispensed directly into the booster tank of the KHT-48 High Temp Machines through the built in adapter right on the  tank. There is a second connection adapter that allows a connection after the tank and for low temp machines. And for most other blends that can’t remove calcium . I do not allow acid cleaners to go through my machines. My product that I have used on all dishwashers and bar glass washers have not been de-limed in years. The exception is the water inlet valves and vacuum breaks. The glass ware washers with open flow tanks do need some de-liming.

Water quality testing helps to determine the proper values for detergent and sanitization.  All locations get tested upon install to calculate chemical throws.

Thank you for your assistance and the great advice.

• gregs

June 8, 2018 at 8:41 pm

How many KHT’s do you have in the field?

• gregs

April 30, 2021 at 5:35 pm

Hello again. Does anyone know of any parts vendor that may still carry Knight dishmachine parts? I am looking for the single 14KW booster element for KHT 14B. Cannon Water does not have inventory.

Thanks

• fixbear

April 30, 2021 at 8:38 pm

Be aware, that Knight is a chemical dispensing company, part of ITEC. They never made the dishwasher, but had it made with their specs by another company. But have since gotten out of that. As of right now I haven’t been able to find who made it, But Partstown does still have a booster in stock. But not just the elements. Try calling then direct at 800-854-3764. Let us know how you make out. You could also check their East coast supplier at (800) 823-8313

If anyone has any internal pictures of this machine or a label we might be able to find you a substitute. The lay-out of the electrical usually provides big clues to who actually made it for them.