Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums In emergency i need electric diagram for Hobart oven HGC40-1 .Has anyone ?

• ectofix

August 4, 2017 at 6:44 am

Your chances of getting one?  Far worse than finding a needle in a haystack.

Did you remove any panels to see if there’s still a schematic affixed to the inside of any one of them?  That’s where Hobart would put a schematic.

For what it’s worth, your Hobart HGC40 series oven is nearly identical to Vulcan’s GC04 series convection ovens.  That design is unique due to the rear-mounted burner system.  That oven’s burner system isn’t like a typical atmospheric burner found on just about EVERY other convection oven out there.  Instead, your oven’s burner system employs a burner blower and an in-shot style burner (similar to today’s gas furnaces).  Even the ignition module is located to the rear.  Therefore, you need full access to the back of the oven to work on ANY of the burner components.

That oven’s design is up there as one of my LEAST favorite.

I thought there would be a chance that Vulcan might have a service manual on their website.  Well, while Vulcan DOES provide many service manuals, there’s not one on their GC04 series oven.  If they had, then it might have been useful for your Hobart oven.

• izzygreen

August 4, 2017 at 10:57 am

HEC20-11 schematic, I don’t know how this matches up, but it is the closest thing I have for Hobart ovens

Good Luck

• ectofix

August 4, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Izzy, I noticed that’s a CONTROLLED COPY.  Are you in control over it? 

Anyway, there’s few similarities between your electrically-heated oven when compared to ziggi’s gas-fire oven.  Maybe for an experienced tech, a correlation may be made in the temperature control side of the circuit?  I don’t know…

I DO know that the Hobart’s HG40 series and Vulcan’s GC04 series are almost mirror images of each other.  Their parts manuals are nearly identical.  That’s the angle that I’d approached this from.

Not that this helps Ziggi.

• john

August 7, 2017 at 8:42 am

I was looking for the GC04 with very few references online, mostly obscure parts. Also searched GCO4 (oscar, not zero) because the GCO2 manual is stylized as the letter:

Note the zero under the ML as opposed to the O under model. 

I found few references to both online, in any case, and Vulcan’s resource center wasn’t any more helpful. 

• izzygreen

August 7, 2017 at 10:23 am

I’ve started scanning any and all Hobart docs that come my way ever since I’ve come to the realization that Hobart sucks when it comes to tech support, either way, whenever I get asked I run a search to see what I have so feel free to ask