Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums i have a 3 burner imperial deep fryer  no tags are legible  im in need of parts to convert to propane

• ectofix

March 27, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Uh!  This question again…

Dear John,

DISCLAIMER:  I am a technician, but I am not affiliated with PartsTOWN – nor beholden to TechTOWN for anything other than to give you advice that’s in your best interests.

You’re IN NEED of calling Imperial Range for the answer(s) you seek.  Even I (as a technician) would call Imperial Range directly in order to get that information.

Converting to propane IS NOT a DIY project.  They will probably give you the name/phone number of their authorized service provider in your area.

Their phone number is 951-281-1830.

• john

March 28, 2017 at 9:48 am

ectofix is right. It’s not as simple as changing one valve for another.

I didn’t find any documents suggesting this unit is even field convertible, but if it is, Imperial should have the details you need. 

I found this part: Imperial 37968 IFS-40 LP CONVERSION KIT FOR 7 | Parts Town 

It is meant to convert the Robertshaw reguator on your Imperial unit. However, I don’t recommend pulling the trigger on that until you speak with Imperial. I didn’t find that part in any documents for the IFS-40, and it’s likely that it isn’t the only part that needs alteration or changing.

I hope this helps! 

-John