Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Has anyone tried a 3rd party house thermostat on a Bryant Evolution model Heat Pump system that uses an A B C D wiring designation?

• Has anyone tried a 3rd party house thermostat on a Bryant Evolution model Heat Pump system that uses an A B C D wiring designation?

Posted by guest on May 2, 2018 at 12:00 am

I know this may is a bit off topic, however occasionally a family member (my daughter in this case) recently bought her first home and found it had a quirky thermostat, which seem to be a frequent problem with this manufacturer I’ve learned.  She wanted an iDevices Thermostat from Apple, and their reply was “it seems like your system may be compatible with the iDevices Thermostat. However, since the standard/traditional terminals are not being used on the HVAC control board we are unable to assist you with the wiring of the iDevices Thermostat.”  So, we are wondering if there are any compatible wifi programmable thermostats available that will work with this unit using the 4 wire setup already in place that some of our members may know of.  

Thanks in Advance!

henlopen replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • fixbear

May 2, 2018 at 12:57 pm

What is your furnace model number. I used to install some Carrier/Bryant

I might even be able to find some books.

• henlopen

May 7, 2018 at 12:04 pm

The Bryant Evolution Heat Pump model is 264ANA030000BBAA and the circuit board has not only the A B C D connectors that are wired to the current thermostat, but has open positions marked R C Y L S W2 and O which leads me to believe that I could reconnect the thermostat wires to the connections needed if this circuit board does indeed support either thermostat types that run off an 3 or 4 wire system as it looks like to me.  Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

• fixbear

May 7, 2018 at 5:28 pm

Ok, that is the heat pump.  Now how about a little more info.  It has to be married to a furnace or air handler,  usually with some form of back-up for extreme cold heating.  Is there a dehumidifier, or electronic air filter system. Fresh air heat ex changer?  Model of the existing T stat.

• henlopen

May 28, 2018 at 1:17 pm

The Air Handler model number was FE4ANF002 and apparently has no back up heat according to the label on the unit.  No electronic air filter either, seems a very basic model with the air filter on the unit itself necessitating a 25 foot trip thru the crawlspace to get to the air handler to change the filter each time.  Not easy for this 69 year old frame.  The existing thermostat model is shown as SYSTXBBUID01-A Version 12 which I have had no luck in finding online.  We may have to end up going with a Carrier Branded Thermostat, if another Wi-Fi Programmable can’t be made to work with this system.  Thanks for your thoughts on these problems!