Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums I HAVE A HOSHIZAKI TOGGLE SWITCH PART

• ectofix

January 4, 2018 at 9:19 am

RONDELL replied:

I have a hoshizaki toggle and my pumps are not alternating what should I check next part #443119-01

I can’t make heads or tails out of what you said.

Yes, part number 443119-01 is the correct switch for a Hoshizaki ice machine.  However, I suggest testing it before replacing it.  That switch is a standard double-pole/double-throw switch and can easily be tested using an ohmmeter.

You said “pumps” (plural) – as if there’s more that one.  Well, there’s only one pump in an ice machine.  A water pump to circulate water from the reservoir up to the evaporator plate to make the ice out of and assist in harvest.

Maybe you’re calling the compressor a pump? 

Furthermore, you said the “pumps” are not “alternating”.  What do you mean by “alternating“?  Do you mean that the ONE pump in the machine is not RUNNING?  Is the compressor not running as WELL?  Maybe you’re saying that NOTHING is running.

Can’t help you without more details and a clearer statement of what problem you’re having.  Please provide a model number of the machine, too.

• fixbear

January 4, 2018 at 1:31 pm

Not knowing what model Hoshizaki you have puts us at a big disadvantage. Let alone you never said whether it was a flaker, cube, crescent cube or nugget machine.  I also believe they built block machines.

Some models have a bin switch in series with the control board and power switch.  If the bin switch is open,  you can check for power to the board at pin 10 or the back of the power switch that is parallel to both poles..

I suspect you mean that the pump will not run it either ice or clean. If that is correct, it is very common for the Hoshizaki’s to have the pump freeze up.  Being a horizontal shaft pump with seals and ball bearings over time the seal leaks and sometimes wicks to the bearing.  Ball bearings do not do well with water.  They tend to freeze up. So check if you have the proper voltage to the pump. Alternately you can use a clamp on ammeter to see if it has locked rotor amperage.

Now there was some Hoshizaki’s that had a circulation pump and a drain pump.  If that is what you mean by both pumps.

Bottom line, check your bin switch first.