Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives all temp lights blink,  it changes between 2 to 3 blinks.  shut it off & once it warms up it works for couple brews

• all temp lights blink,  it changes between 2 to 3 blinks.  shut it off & once it warms up it works for couple brews

Posted by guest on February 3, 2018 at 12:00 am

coffee maker stops & not ready light comes on.  temp lights blinks 2 times.  shut the coffee maker off & once it warms

up. it seems like it takes forever & you brew a couple pots & then the temp lights blink 3 times.  swapped the temp

probe & water probe from another coffee maker & didn’t fix problem.  checked the ground wire & its tight

it just started one day.

both the water & temp probes are clean & no lime build up.

you can shut the main power switch & it will work a couple times

water line connected.

switched water lines & still have problem

Thanks

fixbear replied 6 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • fixbear

February 3, 2018 at 1:46 pm

What model machine do you have?

• adam9019

February 15, 2018 at 9:01 am

It sounds like you have a CBDC.  It’s a great machine.  If it’s flashing temp lights three times, that signifies that you have a Low Water Temperature Fault and you temperature sensor has been calling for heat for 30+ minutes.  Swapping the temp sensor is a good idea, but it sounds like your CBA is not sending voltage to the tank, or the tank heater is bad. 

A couple other things to consider.  Some CDBC’s are Dual voltage, and can work on either 120 or 240.  Be sure your machine is not dual voltage, and if it is, make sure the switch is set correctly.. I know you said this just happened one day, so this is probably not the case.  Also make sure you didn’t lose a leg of power at your wall, the machine will function on L1 alone, but without L2, it won’t heat. 

Let me know if you have any questions on what this means, or you find out the issue.

• fixbear

February 15, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Did you mean CBDC or CDBC?   I believe you meant the latter.  Due to the fact that the person asking say’s that it first gets 2 flashes, I’m inclined to think maybe water strainer. Regardless,  I’d want to take a ohm meter and test both water probe and thirmistor.  Especially since they can run a few pots before it occurs and again after a reboot.  

This is a guest account, so we will probably never know.

• adam9019

February 15, 2018 at 2:56 pm

You’re absolutely right!  I miss-typed.. CDBC is what I was meaning.  Interesting that he was able to brew 3 times, and then it all the sudden wouldn’t heat or stopped working.   Doesn’t make sense.  Your’e right, we’ll probably never know.

• fixbear

February 15, 2018 at 5:23 pm

I would want to check the water inlet to confirm pressure and FLOW first. then right as it happened check the water level and probe continuity.. After that the heater circuit.  They do corrode that stupid wire nut they use. Then the 120/240 volt switch if on 208 to 240.  Sometimes the users get carried away with cleaning solutions that bother that switch.  Also the controller terminals to the thermister and heaters. But if it doesn’t see the right water level, it will not heat. Then you get the 30 min lock out.  Being intermittent, it’s never easy to find. But it is one I would like to work on and solve.