Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives My fridge is leaving water in the bottom of the fridge.

• My fridge is leaving water in the bottom of the fridge.

Posted by guest on July 23, 2019 at 12:00 am

We have the motor replaced about 4 years ago. I am not sure what to do. Is there anything I can do?

fixbear replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • uniquedonna

July 23, 2019 at 1:04 pm

So that means, I cannot get any help with this?

• olivero

July 23, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Of course you can.

I’ve seen similar issues, it could be a leveling issue, I’ve seen some where the floor is not even and it can cause that since the evaporator pan is not tilted back very much it relies on the level of the unit being correct, if it’s off by even a 1/4″ it can cause that.

Are the walls “sweating” causing condensation to run down? Could be a bad door gasket.

Give me some more information, I’m sure we can fix it.

• ectofix

July 23, 2019 at 5:32 pm

uniquedonna said:

So that means, I cannot get any help with this?

Soliciting help on the internet requires patience.  If you’re in a hurry, then pick up the phone and call whoever made your “fridge”. 

The help you’ll get HERE is from those of us who offer it voluntarily.  For instance…I just settled in after getting home from work, opened my laptop, read of your plight…and decided to respond. 

I (and most of us here) DON’T work for PartsTown.

ANYWAY…

Is your “fridge” a commercial cooler or a home refrigerator?  There’s a huge difference between the two.  The help I’m offering BELOW applies to just a commercial unit.

Moisture condensing onto the cooling coil (the evaporator) in a refrigerated box is normal.  A pan below that coil catches the water, then drains it through a tube to another pan located near the compressor section (the condenser).  That second pan offers some means to speed up the water’s evaporation through the application of heat, some way way increase surface area exposed to air…and/or air flow from the condenser fan.

Sound like that tube in your cooler is clogged.  Usually that’s caused by a slime formed within the drain tube by biological growth.  A slug of icky stuff that resembles “snot”. 

The best approach for removing it is to:

Unplug the cooler Find the condenser section Find that drain tube (or plastic hose) While attaining an airtight seal, employ the hose of a shopvac to suck that bugger outta there.

There’s a follow-up procedure that I’ll normally do, but requires further disassembly (INSIDE the box) to flush the tube with a sanitizing solution (bleach and water).

• ectofix

July 23, 2019 at 5:34 pm

I guess I was too slow…

• fixbear

July 23, 2019 at 7:44 pm
    My fridge is leaving water in the bottom of the fridge.

And how many times have you seen the tube crimped or fitting broke loose from the pan at the bottom of the evaporator.  And lets not forget the top evaporators that have pumps for the condensate.

And I forgot the corroded pan from chemicals and cleaners..

• olivero

July 23, 2019 at 8:11 pm

I’m surprised I got to it before you or Fixbear.

You guys are usually on the ball and beat me to it.