Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Is a DeanFryer the same as a frymaster?

  • Is a DeanFryer the same as a frymaster?

     john updated 1 year, 8 months ago 1 Member · 3 Posts
  • guest

    February 18, 2018 at 12:00 am

    I am trying to find a thermacoupler for my Dean deep fryer

  • fixbear

    February 19, 2018 at 7:13 am

    First off, Fryers don’t use thermocouples.  They use thermopiles.  50 millivolts vs. 750 mv..  Second, Dean is made by frymaster and are part of the Wellbuilt group.   Third, I can’t point you to a part without the model number.  I can not recommend a aftermarket part as it may not be to the right spec for your machine. Nor will there be any certainty of performance and longivity.without a designed OEM replacement. 


    On a side note,  Thermopiles are a very reliable item. Fryers however often have electrical wiring problems from grease and heat. Test the output of the thermopile with a DVOM before condemning it.

  • john

    February 19, 2018 at 7:24 am



    They’re both fryers, so in that sense, they are the same. But, I think you really wanted to know if the parts of a Frymaster and a Dean are interchangeable, and the short answer is no, probably not. There may be some overlap in parts, but don’t expect that to be the norm. 


    @fixbear is right, no sense in throwing parts at the problem if you’re not sure that will solve it. Speaking of, you only said you needed a new part, but you didn’t say why! You believe the thermopile is broken–what has led you to this point? Let us know what issues you’re experiencing, and we should be able to give more advice.





Log in to reply.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018