Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives was wondering if you guys had someone that knows anything about Turbochef Tornados? I have one that is not switching to ready menu after warm up even though we are at and maintain the warm up temps. Ran it threw self check and everything passes and no al

• was wondering if you guys had someone that knows anything about Turbochef Tornados? I have one that is not switching to ready menu after warm up even though we are at and maintain the warm up temps. Ran it threw self check and everything passes and no al

Posted by guest on September 6, 2018 at 12:00 am

M-NGCD6

S-NGCD6D06956

fixbear replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

September 6, 2018 at 5:21 pm

I last worked on one of those a dozen years ago.  Have you consulted your owners manual for a solution?

Owner’s Manual for the turbochef tornado/tornado 2 rapid cook ovens 

Alternately, you could contact TurbChef directly.  As a technician, I’ve had to do that numerous times – especially for a situation such as yours:

Phone: (214) 379-6000

Customer Service: (800) 90-TURBO

September 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm

check the set point temperature for bot the cc and ir elements in the control the set points maybe way too high

• fixbear

September 7, 2018 at 6:29 am

You may want to remove and clean the catalytic converter with there cleaner only.  Explained on pages 64 and 65 of the service manual here; 

https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/TBC-NGC_spm.pdf

If any kitchen staff used antthing other than Turbochef cleaner and distilled water there is converter damage.

Irreversible damage can occur if the catalyst is exposed to cleaning chemicals containing phosphates, NaOH, silicates, Na and Potassium Salts. 

That pertty much guarantees that there is some damage as I know of no kitchen that would be that careful unless it was one owner cook that did his own cleaning.

I’m not certain I understand your problem fully.  Can you tell us more?  You may also check what is programmed into the machine.

September 7, 2018 at 9:17 am

Thanks for the tip the unit was shut off all summer and for some reason the IR temp setting was 3000 which it would never reach.