Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Accutemp EGF4803A4800-S2  On/Off Control knob will not snap on and stay.  Any directions on how to put it back on correctly?

• Accutemp EGF4803A4800-S2  On/Off Control knob will not snap on and stay.  Any directions on how to put it back on correctly?

Posted by guest on September 28, 2017 at 12:00 am

On/Off control knob works but will not stay attached to the unit. 

fixbear replied 6 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • fixbear

September 28, 2017 at 11:24 am

If spring retained, replace it with a new one.  If set screw retained, tighten.

The spring retained versions do wear out or break the spring. 

• john

September 28, 2017 at 11:33 am

Hello,

If you’re talking about AccuTemp AT0H-1455-2 KNOB WITH D SPRING | Parts Town 

It’s a D-shape, so there’s only really one way to put it on. If it’s not fitting properly, I’m wondering if the knob has worn out and needs replacing.

Also, here’s a parts manual for the EGF series: http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/ACC-EGF_pm.pdf 

I hope this helps!

-John

• john

September 28, 2017 at 11:36 am

Hey fixbear,

Check this one out. When you said set screw retained, I was picturing little thumbscrews that you’d tighten with an allen wrench. But was this what you meant?

• ryantruck9

September 28, 2017 at 11:57 am

pictured above is the switch knob and the switch base.

ensure you power has been shut off and isolated.

switch base has a spring loaded lever (if you look close you see an arrow on left side)

insert switch  knob while holding open lever on switch base.

once inserted all the way let go of lever and it should be locked in

hope it helps. I think their electric grills are the cats meow. every square inch is within 2F

their gas grills however I’ll not speak on unless asked! (nothing nice to say)

• fixbear

September 28, 2017 at 12:37 pm

No, those just lock in.  I am referring to a oven knob that has a 6-32 or 8-24 Allen screw hidden in it to lock it on. Common on older units with solid brass shafts. Her unit probably uses a stamped cup shaped stem so the calibration for temp is available..

• fixbear

September 28, 2017 at 2:19 pm

I forgot they had a standad 22 mm rotary switch for on off.  Was thinking of the thermostat. 

As for the Allen Bradly that  Accutemp uses, the knob is the mount with a plastic nut behind the front panel. As ryantruck9 stated, there is a squeezable lever to remove the operator so that one can replace the nut.  Some have a tab that you pry outward to release.  .I have seen many of the nuts spit over the years or just back off.