Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Hi, i am working on an older Lang G-36TI -N. Wondering where to find manual and part

• Hi, i am working on an older Lang G-36TI -N. Wondering where to find manual and part

Posted by guest on April 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

What i have is one out or three burners is igniting working well. How do i get the other to ignite. Thanks in advance for any help.

fixbear replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

April 13, 2018 at 6:15 pm

Ah, a Lang accutemp Griddle.  Each burner has it’s own controller and sensor  Also a resistive switch with detents to vary the sensing probe.for temp adjustment.

Manual is here;

lang G3 service manual

Are all the pilots lit.  Do they have good grounds?

• ectofix

April 13, 2018 at 6:35 pm

He said older, so I’m wondering if it’s an original configuration using a basic spark module and flame switch:

LANG-80300-03-USE LG2J-80300-03

If so, then the most common failure of that flame control system I saw was with the flame switch petering out or due to poor pilot flame quality that wouldn’t get the tip hot enough to close the switch. 

FYI: Mark, that flame switch is no longer available due to its mercury content.

Of course, we can’t troubleshoot his problem over the internet.  It could be any number of other things. 

Temp control issue Loose wires someplace Gas pressure Other stuff we’re not there to scrutinize

I strongly suggest that a service company be called to take a look at it.

• fixbear

April 14, 2018 at 9:17 am

I agree with Ectofix on the safety being the most prominent cause of failure to heat.  They stopped making those in 2014,  However there are some re-builders out there.  Most failures are actually improper heat to the bulb.  Mostly pilot mixture or orifice dirt. Fuel gas is not as clean as it is promoted to be.  It is possible to convert it to a EDSI version, but very costly.  Different food service organizations have different views on the rebuilds,  There is a large difference in rebuild quality control vs. original manufacturer.  There are some good ones though. I’ve replaced several on Vulcans over the years with good results.  Be aware the the pilot assembly is a special beryllium alloy to react and make the correct temp for the bulb.   They do age and drop temp as well.