Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Hatco warmer schematic

• Hatco warmer schematic

Posted by guest on July 12, 2016 at 12:00 am

I have a Hatco warmer and my wires was vandalized by rodents, need wiring schematics from warmer to relay, and control temp switch. m/n UGAL-30D, S/N 5181961427, And item # UGADL.00544

fixbear replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • ectofix

July 12, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Quite honestly, I’ve never seen a schematic for a Hatco heat lamp.  Nor have I ever seen one with a relay in it -not to say that they don’t make them that way.  That would be new to me, but still not complicated.

The wiring and components in a heat lamp is very basic.  Infinite controls to control the heating elements.  A toggle switch to operate the lights.  TGGT or MG high temp wire with a suitably rated ampacity to carry the load.  High temp terminals.  Then the elements.

I couldn’t come up with a wiring diagram, but maybe someone else will.  In my search, I did find this link for you:

http://www.hatcocorp.com/en/support/find-a-service-agent

• ectofix

July 15, 2016 at 4:30 pm

I stand corrected.  Looking in the parts manual for Ultra-Glo heaters, there is a relay.  It also has an ELECTRONIC infinite control (vice a standard infinite switch) and…there’s a wiring diagram.  Here’s a parts manual:

http://www.hatcocorp.com/cms/PARTSLIST/000000024378141-00001-20151012.PDF

I can’t find the wiring diagram in print (in a PDF), but the parts manual shows that you can order it.  You might try calling Hatco at (800) 558-0607 and they might email you what you need.

• badbozo2315

July 15, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I had worked on one a few years back.

Was amazed by the amount of thought and effort into what is essentially an on-off switch. I don’t hear complaints of anyone’s heatlamp (or chargrill) being too hot.

I wish they’d just have a hi-off-low setup.  Use a diode to drop the incoming ac voltage to half voltage DC for low output. In an external divorced box. Cheap, simple. Not buzzword compatible though…

• fixbear

July 14, 2018 at 11:52 am

I’m coming in late on this after a truck took out my power and internet for 30 hours.  But the big question I have is your operating voltage and it sounds like you have the remote control version. 

• ectofix

July 14, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Hey fixbear, this question is two years old.  It got brought from the dead by a spammer advertising their printing services.

• fixbear

July 14, 2018 at 1:49 pm

Thanks. I just wasted 2 hours doing research.