Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Hi there! How to change the unit of temperature!

• Hi there! How to change the unit of temperature!

Posted by guest on August 24, 2018 at 12:00 am

Hi there! I have a refrigerator Randell model No. 51395PR and I do not find how to change the unit of the temperature. Someone knows how to do it?

fixbear replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ectofix

August 24, 2018 at 9:12 am

Here’s a link to the operator’s manual: 

OPERATOR MANUAL – Randell 51000/53000 Series Refrigerators 

Instructions for adjusting temperature are on pg 10.  A diagram on pg 20 illustrates the thermostat’s relative location (item #E11):

• fixbear

August 24, 2018 at 1:20 pm

unit of the temperature

Being this 95 inch prep table has a mechanical temp control,  I’m wondering what you mean by “unit” of temperature.  Also if your real problem goes deeper than what we are led to believe.  Like is the box to warm?   Or did someone add a digital thermometer to keep track of the temp and you want to change it from Fahrenheit to Celsius which is what “unit” means…

Sandwich/prep tables are notorious for not being able to hold temp due to usage, door gaskets, condenser problems. 

I’m going to include a Randell service manual,  But I want to caution you that if you have to change the suction pressure control it requires a licensed refrigeration tech.  But the troubleshooting section and condenser cleaning is helpful.

http://www.unifiedbrands.net/media/2582/prep_om_refrigerators.pdf

• fixbear

August 24, 2018 at 5:53 pm

I should add here, that have you checked the 2 evaporators for freeze up.  They use a muffin fan to circulate air inside the box, and they are not the most reliable fan/motor for that application.