Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I HAVE A DCM-270-BAH-OS THAT NEEDS AN EVAPORATOR AND EVAPORATOR CASING COVER

• I HAVE A DCM-270-BAH-OS THAT NEEDS AN EVAPORATOR AND EVAPORATOR CASING COVER

Posted by guest on April 19, 2017 at 12:00 am

It appears to have a hole in it right below the bin. The serial no. is Q00460E

fixbear replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • john

April 19, 2017 at 4:14 pm

Hi Will,

Wanted to pass a few useful links over to you. 

Hoshizaki DCM-270-BAH-OS Instruction Manual

Hoshizaki DCM-270-BAH-OS Service Manual

Hoshizaki DCM-270-BAH-OS Parts List

The evaporator is here: Hoshizaki 332577G01 EVAPORATOR | Parts Town 

The evaporator cover is here: Hoshizaki 413446-01 EVAPORATOR COVER1 | Parts Town 

Also, based on your serial number, I wanted to let you know this unit was manufactured in December 2004, just in case you ever need to know that. 

I hope this helps!

-John

• fixbear

April 19, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Ouch!  If you have a hole in the evaporator with a shaver/nugget machine you have a bigger problem. You now have a seriously contaminated refrigeration system as well.  Let alone that the scraper system must have made the hole from a bad bearing. As you get into this machine you are going to probably find that you will need a auger, gearbox, (they always have water damage), extruder,  bearing, and agitator.  That’s over $3000 in parts About 500 for the tech.

You got 13 years out of it.  Your repair cost will be as high as buying a new machine head if that’s the problem. 

Let’s consider a second option.  That the hole is in the ice bin on top of the evaporator instead of the evaporator. Corrosion and pressure from the ice will cause this.  The bin and cover can save you a lot as it’s only a thousand.