Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums what type of grease of oil would the ax-m60 use

• ectofix

November 5, 2017 at 5:45 pm

The former owner telling you it needs oil (or grease) is huge understatement.  The lubricant probably hasn’t leaked out, or you’d know it right off.  More than likely, you’re looking at bearing the cost of a complete rebuild of the mixer.  I could be wrong, but that’s my experience speaking up to give you fair warning.

Since it’s making noise during the mixing, there definitely issues within the transmission or the planetary gears.  In complex mixers like that one, usually the brass drive pinion has worn away due to overloading or from running it at improper speed for the type of load.

That’s only my guess, since I’ve worked on many Hobart mixers that function the same as your Axis.  However, it’s impossible to diagnose without being there to see/hear the noise and, potentially, tearing into it some to see what’s failed. 

A technician will need to be called to look at it.  The link below is for locating one nearest you:

Authorized Service Partners – MVP Group CorpMVP Group Corp 

For your files, here’s the operator and parts manuals:

Operator instructions

Parts manual

• fixbear

November 5, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Buying a used mixer is like buying a used car.  Always have a trusted tech check it out first.  Buyer beware.