Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Blodgett doors don’t clos correctly. left side allen screw is loose. Is that all I need to tighten

• Blodgett doors don’t clos correctly. left side allen screw is loose. Is that all I need to tighten

Posted by guest on August 16, 2017 at 12:00 am

used to be able to shut one door and the other closed automatically.  That doesn’t happen any more.  I saw the left side closing mechanism was loose and tighten one allen screw but it came loose again.  What do I need to do/

rico replied 6 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • fixbear

August 16, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Well, Blodgett has made hundreds of oven models.  I can’t possibly give you a quality answer without knowing what oven we are talking about.

• izzygreen

August 17, 2017 at 9:50 am

if that loose screw is all it takes to make it work then put some lock tight on it?

• rico

August 25, 2017 at 5:29 am

If the doors are tied together with chains and rods, you’ll need to find the flat spot, on the door shaft, of the door that is no longer “connected”. line it up with the set screw hole. Use some blue thread locker on the set screw and retighten it.

To make sure the doors close correctly, loosen up the jam nuts on one of the turn buckles and then turn the turn buckle in or out till the doors close correctly. Then, tighten the jamb nuts. WARNING, when these units get older, the nuts or the turn buckle may not turn freely. WITH THE UNIT OFF AND UNPLUGGED, spray some of your favorite penetrant on them and let them sit over night. Then try again. Spraying ANYTHING with the cover removed and the power on, can cause a fire and may burn you!

You may have to use both turn buckles to correct the doors. The chains should not have any slack in them when you are finished. And, you should find out whom is slamming the doors closed and take corrective action.