Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have an older Garland and need new ceramics and a new flat grill but don`t know what I need exactly. The stove doesn`t have a numbers plate on it anywhere we have looked. We guess it`s over 30 yrs old.

• I have an older Garland and need new ceramics and a new flat grill but don`t know what I need exactly. The stove doesn`t have a numbers plate on it anywhere we have looked. We guess it`s over 30 yrs old.

Posted by guest on March 22, 2017 at 12:00 am

I`d like to know where to get the parts.

ectofix replied 7 years ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • fixbear

March 22, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Not sure what type of Garland you have, but if it has ovens under and a griddle top with broiler  you will find the number plate inside the oven kick plate.

• ectofix

March 22, 2017 at 8:56 pm

With absolutely no model number, you’re in a tough spot.

Even as a TECH…and as recently as fifteen years ago – with no model number, I remember having to resort to drawing a picture (uh…no smart phones with cameras then) of equipment I was trying to identify.  THEN…driving my van to our office and in order to peruse through every s-i-n-g-l-e manual we had there for that specific manufacturer’s versions of the equipment I sought to ID.  Occasionally, I got lucky.

SO…anyway.  You have a STOVE with a GRILL (griddle?) that has some CERAMICS?  I take it the ceramics are under the GRILL (griddle)?  That would mean there’s a broiler under the griddle.  YES?

YUP.  Sounds old.  Don’t see those much anymore.  They were once popular in church kitchens.

You might get lucky by calling Garland directly at 844-724-2273 to explain to them what you have.  Maybe you can collaborate with them in order to zoom in on what you need.  Hopefully they’ve now made this easier for IDing your thirty-year-old Garland STOVE.  Maybe email them a picture from your phone.

However, if it’s a residential unit, they quit making those in the ’90s.  They can only tell you who to call that might have parts for it.