Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have problem with Fetco CBS-2131-XTS.

• I have problem with Fetco CBS-2131-XTS.

Posted by guest on December 16, 2015 at 12:00 am

I have Fetco CBS-2131-XTS. My costumer says that sometimes she gets only 1 liter when she is making 2 liter batch of coffee, I took it to my workshop and tried it allot and always was it perfect, no mater if I was trying 1,2 or 3 liters.

what factor at her location could make this happen ?

ectofix replied 8 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ectofix

December 20, 2015 at 5:31 pm

A coffee brewer’s water dispense accuracy is determined by the brew time setting and a predetermined water flow rate.  You can only adjust the former of the two (the brew time).  As long as the water supply meets the specified requirements, the correct water flow is metered in by the water flow components at a set quantity and cannot be adjusted.

From what you’ve described, it may be possible that there is a water supply issues at her place.  Maybe a clogged filter, undersized water supply line, low water pressure, etc.  If the source water flow isn’t adequate, then the hot water tank’s level can go too low to supply the brewer’s spray valve.

I suggest doing a once-over of the unit.  Check the tank supply solenoid valve.  Check the tank inlet and outlet (inside of the tank) for limescale and make sure those passages are clear.  Clean the water level probe.  If there’s scale inside of the hot water tank, delime the tank.

I’ve seen limescale cause all kinds of problems in coffee brewers.

Inspect the conditions of the spray solenoid valve and spray head.  Replace ANYTHING in the spray head that’s questionable or shows wear.  Check all electrical connections for security.

After all that, take it back.  Before reconnecting it, check the water line (3/8″ min), water pressure (20 psi min – 75 psi max) and flow rate (1 1/2 gpm).

EDIT:  I missed the fact that you’re speaking in metric quantities.  With that, here’s the manual that shows those numbers on page 20:

http://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/FE-CBS-2130XTS-1G_spm.pdf