Posted by guest on May 30, 2019 at 12:00 am

Can you change the port around on Thermostat Number 00-417424-000G1

kennybowen replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

May 31, 2019 at 6:16 am
    Yes it can.  Follow these instructions:

RobertShaw 4350 Series Commercial BJ Thermostat 

Take note that the tstat you have will restrict your options since it only has one main outlet port, while the instruction sheet I’ve provided is for a thermostat designed for universal applications (hence, the “Uni-kit” name).

• kennybowen

June 2, 2019 at 1:56 pm

My Tstat  has a orange o-ring gasket where the 4350 Series has a flat rubber gasket there is a indention in the manifold where the old tstat goes. Will the 4350 series gasket seal on the old manifold tsat support.

• ectofix

June 2, 2019 at 5:13 pm

If you’re thinking of getting the universal kit, don’t do that.  I wasn’t meaning to imply that ordering one is an option.  Although the universal kit and your OEM part numbered version are both made by RobertShaw, the universal kits are offered with too many variables between them (e.g., max temp, cap length, bulb diameter, etc.).  Only technicians who REALLY KNOW what they’re doing might do that.  So, my apologies.  

I recommend ordering the exact replacement by part number.  Call PartsTOWN to find out if the mounting flange and gasket comes with it.  IT SHOULD. A new thermostat should ALWAYS come with a new mounting flange and gasket.  I don’t know why PartsTOWN’s picture of part number (00-417424-000G1) doesn’t show that.  Several other on-line parts vendors DO show a new mount flange w/gasket as part of the replacement tstat.

Installation of those modulating-type BJ thermostats is NOT plug-n-play.  They must be set up properly so that the NECESSARY bypass flame won’t cause you problems.  If you’re not familiar with what I’m talking about, then you should have a service company do the repair.

• kennybowen

June 3, 2019 at 1:40 pm

The stove I got is a very old stove the original thermostat is made by Harper Wayman  the numbers on the thermostat are 5324 E7 G and the one that Vulcan saying that fits it does not  have the ports located right even turn it the out gas line to oven will not be long enough.